“Best way to see the Best of Bolivia-Ultimate Jungle Tour & Uyuni Salt Flats”
Review of Banjo Tours

and up
Private Bolivian Andean Adventure Day Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Banjo Tours is a 100% Bolivian tour operator offering trips to unique and undiscovered places. Meet locals, travel away from the crowds, discover the REAL Bolivia with us in Uyuni, Sajama, La Paz, the Amazon, Lake Titicaca and the Altiplano.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friends and I only had a week to spend in Bolivia and wanted to experience as much as we could in such a few days. Ben from Banjo Tours created an itinerary jam packed with the best of Bolivia and we only wish we just had more time to spend there to actually experience all of Bolivia . Bolivia is such a beautiful country and there is so much to see. We were able to bike down Bolivia’s Death Road, also known as the World's Most Dangerous Road, experience the Ultimate Jungle Tour and spent a couple days in Uyuni to see the Uyuni Salt flats. Ben and the other guides were very attentive throughout the tours and made sure that we were comfortable. In the Ultimate Jungle Tour, we were able to boat through the Jungle for a couple days which was exciting, tranquil, and beautiful. Ben even took us to swim under some hidden waterfalls. If we had more time, we would have been able to spend more time in Rurrenabaque to see some interesting animals. Uyuni left me in awe! Uyuni was rich with gorgeous landscapes and by far the highlight of our trip! I highly recommend Banjo Tours if you would like to see the Best of Bolivia. :)

All reviews
"cable car"
"ben"
in 88 reviews

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I think a tour on day 1 of a visit to a new city is a good idea. We really enjoyed our 1/2 day with our guide Sergio.

First, I should mention that there was confusion at the start of the day which almost led to us not doing the tour. I.e. we were told to expect a 8:30am pick-up at our hotel, so we rushed through breakfast & were out front of the hotel at 8:25am. I called the office first at 8:50am to check we were in the right place. The office apologised, confirmed we were and said they'd investigate immediately. 10 minutes later I spoke to the office again who advised the guide was enroute and would be there any minute (as they had got lost).

I called twice more over the next 30 mins as the "they are only minutes away" explanation wasn't materialising.

At 9:30am, after 1 hour of waiting on the street, as I picked up my mobile phone to call the office and cancel the tour, Sergio appeared - extremely apologetic - and explained the delay was simply due to his alarm not going off. And we had no problem with this at all - it happens. What would have been better though in terms of managing the wait/delay would have been for the office to instead of saying 3 times over the course of 40 minutes "they are just a few minutes away" to have said "there will be a 20/30 minute delay".

That said, from the time tour actually started (just myself, my partner & Sergio), it was great. It started at the San Francisco Church at 9:50am and finished around 2pm.

I say around 2pm as Sergio never rushed us, was completely flexible and in fact, it felt more like we were spending time with a friend touring this new city.

We wanted to make unscheduled stops to the bus station and some chemists (where we could make use of Sergio's language/translation skills)! Nothing was a problem or too much trouble. I'm sure if we'd asked to visit somewhere else the 'tour' would have continued even further.

We always used local transportation. We avoided tourist traps and went to places, such as the Witches Market in El Alto, where only locals (as opposed to other tourists) could be seen going about their day to day lives, which is what we found fascinating.

Thanks to Sergio for a really interesting & enjoyable tour!

1  Thank Mateus C
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I heard about it from a friend. She didn't let me know. Ben (my guide) was very kind and knowledgeable. We walked around the city-- the main sites and El Alto. It was really interesting to see the non-touristy part of the city. I had a great time. I feel I wouldn't learn that much about La Paz without taking this tour.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Areas visited included markets in El Alto, the "witch doctor alley" and other neighborhoods. Ben was insightful and able to showcase the areas with genuine enthusiasm and interesting facts. I highly recommend it if you have a few hours to see La Paz and get an overall perspective of local life and customs.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you are looking for a small, local company which will offer you great insights to life and culture in Bolivia and specifically it capital La Paz, then you are RIGHT with this TOUR!
Ben, a very friendly and competent tour guide who is originally from La Paz will make your tour very interesting and authentic!
A truly great experience! His English is perfect & he will take you to places you wouldn't normally get to see on a touristic tour! Tours are smalla nd not crowded, which makes getting around easy and private. We definately reccomend this tour for an special visit of La Paz!

1  Thank Claudia_P24_Vie