“Stayed there twice - faultless!”

Camino Real Aparthotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in La Paz
London, United Kingdom
“Stayed there twice - faultless!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Both times I had top floor with balcony and the views were amazing!

Apartment was very spacious and high speed WIfI - pretty unique for Bolivia!

For the extremely competative value of ths apartment, anyone who bad mouths needs to redjust the purse strings becuase I have never experienced such value for money in my life!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CamdenMatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Adelaide
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The staff at Camino Real Aparthotel (the one on Calle Capital Ravelo) could not be more helpful, friendly or accommodating. The apartments are large and comfortable, especially for groups or families. Ours had separate kitchen, loungeroom, and two bathrooms, one en suite. The hotel is fairly centrally located, and has great views of the city from the rooms. This hotel is a great place to retreat from the bustle and fumes of La Paz, as well as a good base to explore the city. I would stay there anytime I return to La Paz. If it's in your price range, I wouldn't bother looking any further.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank BazzaAdelaide
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the end of a 28 day tour of Peru and Bolivia. This was by far the best hotel we found during our trip and it was great to spend our last two days in Bolivia freshing up before our long flight back home.The price was suprizing low if you book with the hotel direct, which will save you about 20% off the internet hotel booking companys.

Room Tip: Our room number 1002 was better than our frieds who were in 1201
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MelbourneRod
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

we stayed there 2nights on our south america trip and were really surprised.we had booked an airport transfer for 10eur/car,our flight was delayed 3hours and they waited there for us.at midnight we were really hungry after whole journey,they didnt have the cook there,but the offerw us to order somenthing from the restaurant in neigborhood.for VERY good price.the appartment was big and clean,fridge full with drinks and snack for some cents :-) breakfast was good as well,with freshly prepared eggs etc.
they have tea from coca leafs as well for the altitude sickness.
staff really friendly.
it was a superb and extremely cheap choice

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 14, 2012

this was my first trip to the third world and i knew that I would need to spoil myself a bit after trekking around the jungle for a few days, so i booked myself into this hotel for a night before flying on to beautiful Sucre. I also subsequently booked another stay so I wouldn't have to spend a night waiting in the airport for my wretched 5 a.m. flight from La Paz back home. I was not disappointed either time. I had a very large space all to myself...indeed, the second time I had a 2 bedroom apartment, but I only used one of the bathrooms and TVs. :) Everything was clean and tidy (although initially I had to air the room out...it was a bit musty so perhaps I was the first guest in it in some time?). There is a full kitchen if you are inclined to cook...and a small grocery store is down the street, or just bring back left overs from what will likely be a gigantic Bolivian meal when you eat out! I was on the 9th floor, and had a great view...no street noise at all. Bed was very comfortable (although very dry due to it being winter at high altitude....) and I used and enjoyed both the bath and shower...both worked wonderfully. The restaurant was okay too, but Camino Real in Zona Sur has tremendous food, so it is a perhaps unfair comparison/I was truly spoiled there by a gourmet meal I won't forget. The neighbourhood surrounding the Camino Real Aparthotel seemed safe enough, and it's not a long walk to the Prado, by any means. Excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: get a room higher up in the hotel to eliminate street noise and enjoy a great view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TorontoCarol
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here after a night at Hotel Rosario and three nights at Columbus in between tours. As others have said, the service is great, it's in a good location and the rooms are nice and clean. What I wasn't happy with was the fact that I could hear people talking on the street, cars/ trucks driving past and very loud music at a nearby stadium... It wasn't the quietest room...

The breakfast here is only average - stay at the Hotel Rosario for a much more satisfying breakfast. The restaurant menu looks okay but the food is again just average for above average prices - I highly recommend the restaurant at Hotel Rosario 'Tambo Colonial' for quality and value.

Overall it's a nice hotel but if I ever return I will prefer to stay at the hotel Rosario for a more comfortable and satisfying experience for less!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Cifitld
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Camino Real Aparthotel. The "rooms" are small apartments, with a living room, small kitchen with stocked fridge (a Maxibar!), bedroom(s), a bathroom or two...everything you need to set yourself up in La Paz as long as you aren't looking for Westin-or-Better type accomodations. And if you are, you might be out of luck since I don't know if those exist there. Service at the hotel was friendly and excellent. The restaurant served delicious food, and was very reasonably priced. The neighborhood was nice, with an alpaca store across the street to the left, and a small grocery story down the street (out the front door, left, left down the hill four or so blocks, on the left) where you can get whatever you need for your stay. If I return to La Paz, I will be staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business