“Good value for price”

Hotel Milton
Ranked #30 of 76 Hotels in La Paz
“Good value for price”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is a bit old and could use some improvements... However the room was clean, spacious and had a good bed. Wifi was a bit discontinues and no good signal in the room. Location is very convenient, walking distance of main attractions in La Paz. Overall good value for price!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Inger d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Take my advise and stay anywhere possible ELSE! BEFORE staying i red two most recent reviews..thinking..ok maybe a missuderstanding!
NOT AT ALL. I lock everything and they somehow stoled my money and EVEN the cell phone (not very expensive one..but all the data). The staff naturaly denied all.
Its a terrible hotel with miserable staff who doesnt appreciate visitors at all..
Im gonna advice all the re-salers like booking.com and hostelbookers, hostelworld. This hotel
SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. Besides that the staff steal, aren't friendly at all. Dont belive those ppl who either were lucky or didnt carry any cash or didnt leave anything in the room, so nothing could have been stolen. If you leave ANYTHING, be sure not to see it anymore!

Room Tip: Any room in any other hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank eva o

Travelers are raving about these La Paz hotels

Chicago Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The guy at the front desk has serious attitude. First he tried to sell me a tour, and then when the hot water didn't work, he asked me to leave. I was already exhausted so sucked it up, but I would definately not stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Sanjeev T
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel does not have safes in rooms, therefore they offer you to use the safe in reception!

1st night we locked up $b500 before heading out! I didn't think to check it was all there straight away! The next morning I found $b100 missing from our wallet.

2nd night I decided to the keep money in a backpack in the safe, with combination lock on the bag! Told by the evening staff member we didn't need to list out items in the bag as it was locked! Again when checked in the morning (bag remained locked overnight in the room) I found $b400 missing (this time from the lager amount stored of $b1800).

When I advised the staff member in reception the next morning she denied that it could have been them as there was a "lock" on the bag. They basically denied it could have been their staff.

After we departed I put a review on booking.com advising of this to warn other travelers! I got an email from the hotel asking to explain myself again and to ask why we were accusing the hotel of stealing our money!

Please stear clear of this hotel! I am the second person I can see that has had the same issue!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank SJ2381
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

What can I say, this place was a living nightmare. Well, actually, until day 7 it was fine, nothing special, we did receive miniature electric shocks from the shower taps but hey, this is Bolivia and no one died so no problem.

On day 7 they told us that because we kept adding extra days to our stay (my girlfreind was a little poorly so we stayed longer than planned) they wanted to save us some money and had told booking.com we hadnt shown up. I tried to explain that unless I informed them of this 2 days in advance of check in they would put a cancellation charge onto my credit card. They then told me to lie and tell booking.com we hadn´t turned up. I gave up explaining and spent a day trying to get in touch with the company to explain we´d been at the hotel for a week already. Just hassle we didn´t need.

On the final evening, we came back to pack and realised a large chunk of money had been lifted. Not from a drawer on open view but from money wallets we´d had in our bags. Ok, we should not have left it in the room in the first place, but once we looked though we found that 80 dollars, a load of argentine pescos and also at least 400bs had gone. We knew it had been since we booked into the hotel as we had done a count when we first arrived and not touched the money since.

We didn´t report it that night as it was nearly midnight and we knew the night porters didn´t really speak any english, we don´t speak spanish. When we went down to the reception desk with our bags we reported the theft they turned nasty, accused us of lying and making the whole thing up, got the two cleaners down to protest their innocence (obviously they wern´t going to admit it) we asked to go to the tourist police which they said they would drive us to and then forgot about it. Finally, when the we told the lady we would pay the balance of the stay but write a review like this she got even nastier and told us to pay the booking.com commision fee of 250bs and get out and that we would be dammed before god when we die.

We left with a horrible taste in our mouths from this, also just to add one more issue, the bloke at breakfast is the most miserable person I have ever met. He turns the clock forward 20 minutes so when we turned up at 9.45 he went mental and told us breakfast was finished. We didn´t have watches on so thought we were late. Another person turned up just after us and got the same abuse. "No breakfast Amigos, is Feenished"

What a utterly horrible place. I normally write reviews that are about 3 lines in total but I want to make sure no one else gets their stuff from their rooms taken. Because they did it in small amounts each time I only have a rough idea of how much they actually stole from me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Randygit
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

On the upside this hotel has the best showers I've had in South America - hot with good pressure, but apart from that am struggling to find anything good to say.
Location - fine in the daytime but I didn't feel safe walking to and from the hotel at night. You are only minutes from several restaurants but they are quite scary minutes!
Service can be a bit stern - we went down to reception with laundry on a Sunday only to be sent away with a flea in our ear because they don't do laundry on a Sunday (the information book in the room data nothing about it being only 6 days a week). On the subject of laundry - check it as mine was missing a shirt afterwards but I didn't realise until after I'd checked out. I think this was just an honest mistake.
Hotel doesn't feel particularity clean but I think that's more because everything is so old. Breakfast was OK. Had better and worse in South America - it's scrambled eggs with jam and bread.

• Stayed September 2013
Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located, a few blocks from the witch's market, very close to everything. The rooms are comfortable, with cable tv, hot water and a nice view of the city if you are on one of the higher floors. The staff were very helpful when I had any questions about how to get about and they offer tours not only in la paz but all over Bolivia. The breakfast is a proper one, with eggs, bread, yogurt, etc. I will definitely go to the Milton again if I'm in La Paz.

Room Tip: The lower floors are noisy and don't have as nice of a view. There is an elevator so don't w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family