“Centrally located, truly 3 star hotel”

Hotel Gloria La Paz
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in La Paz
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Easy to reach in taxi, from airport and everywhere else. Very reasonable prices for the service and dated building. Very basic breakfast and default lunch menu that varies every day. Rough service with warm spirit and nice attitude, but still very rough.

Room is clean, bathroom has small soap bar, shampoo, 1 small bottle of water is provided by guest every day (I did not drink local water), beds are old one was quite the other made noises. I stayed at 11th floor, and while the windows isolate a lot of the downtown noise, you could not take a nap. Sleeping time (10:00pm to 7:00am) the city sleeps and one can sleep, but noisy otherwise.

Great attitude and service by Rodolfo (3pm to 11pm) in reception desk, lived in the USA, very good English, very willing to help, provides lots of information. Lourdes during the day shift is also kind and willing, but seems less experienced.

Room Tip: If you have stayed at non luxury hotels in NYC and were able to sleep, you will also sleep at Gloria...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ivan_Leadership

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel is in a great location. We felt safe in this part of the centre of the city. It was also very close to great shopping and restaurants. The staff there was very helpful and made us feel comfortable. The rooms were clean, and although a little small, had everything we needed for our stay. Highly recommended, especially for the price.
There is also a breakfast included. We did not realize that there was one until we found the restaurant on the top floor

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I were in La Paz, February 2012
after looking for a few hotel's in a range of $ 50 -75 a night
we end up choosing this one, they had good WIFI,
the room was clean, great view of the city, hot breakfast was really good
Its pretty close to the main attractions this city offers, with in walking distance
I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jonathanmf7
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was there in January 2011. We were suppose to catch our flight back to Brazil in that morning, so we went have a quick breakfast at the hotel. During these 20 minutes at the restaurant, someone broke into our room (ON THE 8TH FLOOR!), stole all our money, cellphones and cameras.
Before going to the restaurant, I was waiting for my dad and stepmother at the corridor couch, when I suddenly saw two guys coming out of a room, but as soon as they realized I was there, they suddenly went back in the room and shut the door. I thought it was weird but I would never relate that to the theft.
After we came back from breakfast, we noticed the doorknob was broken and that we've been robbed! I realized that the suspicious behavior of that two guys might have been related to the incident. To make a long story short... it all have been synchronised and the thiefs knew we would check out that morning, so we wouldn't have time to file a complaint to the police. I don't wanna blame anyone from the hotel but I wouldn't be surprised if someone of the staff had been involved.

So, don't stay there! Actually... if you go to Bolivia, take very care of your personal belongings and yourself. I've heard a lot about kidnapping and theft there happens VERY often. This is a beautiful but lawless country.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Bia0190
Reviewed April 4, 2013

on a poisitive note, the location is great for the main cathedral and only a block or so away from the main street. But as is always the case, La Paz is a big city so you are far away from other places. And walking at 4 km's altitude sure is hard!
But the hotel itself is very much a cement block with no finesse or fine details. It serves its purpose as a reasonably priced choice if you are on a budget. I admit that it has been quite a few years since I stayed here so maybe they have upgraded it but somehow I doubt that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Yes the rooms are noisy but you are so central to wherever you want to walk and it is mainly traffic - this is a BIG city.
We were on 5th floor,room was small, shower was good and breakfast had a range of options. Staff were helpful with directions, gave us access to printing boarding passes, called taxis.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights at the Gloria as part of a group tour. The hotel was very central but although our room was on the sixth floor it was very, very noisy from the incessant tooting of horns, bus "conductors" constant yelling out for customers.
Our room was 3 star comfort with a good ensuite with a shower. Our bed was comfortable and there was enough room to open our suitcases without feeling too cramped. The meal we had in the restaurant was only fair but the breakfast selection was quite good. Cooked breakfast is available.
Wifi was available only in the comfortable foyer area only.

• Stayed: October 2012