“Affordable, great location!”

Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in La Paz
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I were in La Paz, February 2012
after looking for a few hotel's in a range of $ 50 -75 a night
we end up choosing this one, they had good WIFI,
the room was clean, great view of the city, hot breakfast was really good
Its pretty close to the main attractions this city offers, with in walking distance
I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jonathanmf7
There are newer reviews for Hotel Gloria La Paz

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was there in January 2011. We were suppose to catch our flight back to Brazil in that morning, so we went have a quick breakfast at the hotel. During these 20 minutes at the restaurant, someone broke into our room (ON THE 8TH FLOOR!), stole all our money, cellphones and cameras.
Before going to the restaurant, I was waiting for my dad and stepmother at the corridor couch, when I suddenly saw two guys coming out of a room, but as soon as they realized I was there, they suddenly went back in the room and shut the door. I thought it was weird but I would never relate that to the theft.
After we came back from breakfast, we noticed the doorknob was broken and that we've been robbed! I realized that the suspicious behavior of that two guys might have been related to the incident. To make a long story short... it all have been synchronised and the thiefs knew we would check out that morning, so we wouldn't have time to file a complaint to the police. I don't wanna blame anyone from the hotel but I wouldn't be surprised if someone of the staff had been involved.

So, don't stay there! Actually... if you go to Bolivia, take very care of your personal belongings and yourself. I've heard a lot about kidnapping and theft there happens VERY often. This is a beautiful but lawless country.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Bia0190
Reviewed April 4, 2013

on a poisitive note, the location is great for the main cathedral and only a block or so away from the main street. But as is always the case, La Paz is a big city so you are far away from other places. And walking at 4 km's altitude sure is hard!
But the hotel itself is very much a cement block with no finesse or fine details. It serves its purpose as a reasonably priced choice if you are on a budget. I admit that it has been quite a few years since I stayed here so maybe they have upgraded it but somehow I doubt that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Yes the rooms are noisy but you are so central to wherever you want to walk and it is mainly traffic - this is a BIG city.
We were on 5th floor,room was small, shower was good and breakfast had a range of options. Staff were helpful with directions, gave us access to printing boarding passes, called taxis.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights at the Gloria as part of a group tour. The hotel was very central but although our room was on the sixth floor it was very, very noisy from the incessant tooting of horns, bus "conductors" constant yelling out for customers.
Our room was 3 star comfort with a good ensuite with a shower. Our bed was comfortable and there was enough room to open our suitcases without feeling too cramped. The meal we had in the restaurant was only fair but the breakfast selection was quite good. Cooked breakfast is available.
Wifi was available only in the comfortable foyer area only.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Not the flashiest hotel by any means but a tidy little place to put your head down before exploring downtown La Paz.
One bit of advise - take your ear plugs the rooms are noisy - but then so isbLa Paz. They also likevto turn the centralnheating up so be prepared for a warm night.
One thing that was magic was the restaurant - it was like going back to the seventies. Limo ex dining trolley for the crepe Suzette, flambé coffee, ribbon plants, very very seventies burnt orange decor - just fabulous.
The food was OK and it cost virtually nothing. Probably wouldnt stay here again but it did the trick and we had a hoot during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a tour of Bolivia, I guess you get what you pay for, this tour was a 3 star tour. The room is ok, but if you are hot or cold blooded the room temperature is red hot!!! You cannot control the temperature of your room from the room, we were absolutely boiling and the staff could not have cared less and it took four calls to get any response, two hung up on my husband while he was on the phone and argued that the room wasn't that hot. The breakfast was absolutely terrible, in fact disgusting, we breakfasted out after the first morning. The rooms were small but OK and quite clean but very noisy as you get all the noise from the streets below, touters trying to get fares on their buses and the honking of horns til well after midnight. Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business