“Spacious rooms and good location”
Review of Hotel LP Columbus

Hotel LP Columbus
Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in La Paz
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights. We had a one bedroom suite and were very happy with the room. The bed was large and very comfortable with several pillows (not always the case in South America). The bathroom had hot water 24/7, great water pressure and a spa bath. The room was very sunny and also had a mini bar and cable TV. The staff were generally pretty helpful and spoke english. We stored our bags for 4 nights at no additional cost. The location is about 15 mins walk to the main centre or a very cheap cab (about 10 bolivianos).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amyf3002

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Enjoyed my stay here, front desk very helpful with tours and information, room clean and bed comfortable, good safe location, breakfast very mediocre and occasional noise from barking dogs and emergency services centre located under my window, but all in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We booked this hotel at booking.com. When we arrived at this hotel the staff told us that they did not receive any confirmation from booking.com. After showing our printed confirmation (for a suite) the staff (especially the manager) would not offer us a decent alternative. The manager blaimed booking.com and only offer us a twin room for the normal room rate, he was not willing to offer another room with a discount or make appologies for the inconvenience (we just arrived from the jungle and wanted to stay at a beautiful room for a couple of nights....).
At the end the manager was very rude and walked away during our conversation, shouting that we had to leave the hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank StijnSA
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Dear Guest:
Until today we didnt receive the reservation from the Booking Engine.As you arrive at the Hotel we offer you a solution, give you an available room, but the only you wanted is a discount.The mistake was made by the Booking engine and was not our mistake.I think you must ask for a discount to the Booking engine and not to the Hotel.We appologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

This is a very good cozy hotel just in front of the soccer stadium in La paz. They have a very interesting feature called "pillow menu" from which you can select many different types of pillow to make yourself comfortable in bed! The hotel staff is excellent. All the rooms face the street and the street is very busy especially in the evening which gives you a feel of being in a market place but as the night falls, everything dies out and peace prevails! All in all I would say a good hotel which gives you all the comforts that you need at a very good price!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Since 2005, we (a journalist-filming team) have been travelling to La Paz five times per year. After trying some great and not so great hotels in La Paz, we finally found what we needed at the LP Columbus La Paz.. Extremely well located, bright, clean rooms, good breakfast, a short but delicious menu, and most important a staff with a rare human touch, always looking after you needs, and two very professional and efficient drivers -and this is also a key issue for us.
I would definitely recommend LP Columbus La Paz, and for football lovers this is the perfect place to stay! By the Stadium, most football teams stay there.

Room Tip: The upper floor suites are great.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2011

we stayed here for 2 nights. hotel staff were great - ordered pizza for us when we arrived late at night, organised a 'car' tour of la paz for a reasonable price and also arranged/booked our tour to Lake Titicaca. the breakfast was a bit plain. our room was on a floor that was having other rooms refurbished, but we really had no noise or other issues. bit limited on eating options nearby. close to the main part of town and we were never too concerned about walking around on our own during the day - at night we caught taxi's though. this was our first stay in altitude and i had problems sleeping - shortness of breath!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oz_flashpackers
Reviewed March 10, 2011

I am very disapointed with the treatment I received in this hotel after having my mobile phone stolen in the apartment 407 on 8 March, 2011. I suspected the room service while I was visiting downtown between 10:30 am and 3:30 pm. The cleaning woman was there during this time and also my mobile was charging at the room. Moreover, I was ready to perform my check out in the same afternoon, around 6:00 pm. When I returned to the hotel around 3:30 pm I found only the charging cable and my mobile disapeared misteriously. Unfortunately, the recepcionist considered the case as a simple situation. They do not solved the case and I received a e-mail mourning the case. The most important are my data recorded in the device. I do not recomend this hotel for anyone. A disaster!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onilevir
PomLPZ, General Manager at Hotel LP Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Dear Guest:
I apologize for the inconveniences.However, your allegation of your phone being stolen by hotel staff (cleaning woman) seems to be one sided & unfounded. LP hotels has a strict security system including electronic surveillance on the floors & other modern systems. Your complaint was taken with great concern by the management & a thorough investigation was conducted, all the employeers have been registered There was no un-authorized entry to your room. Requesting you for the details was a part of the entire investigation process. We assure you that we would be most glad to assist you on the details of the investigation or any further investigation requested by you in this regard. Please feel free to contact us.