All reviewsunderfloor heatingeuro bistrowalk in wardrobeseveral membersstar hotelmain restaurantbiggest drawbackusual buffetlarge citymain dragcomfortable hotelwarm roomwelcome reliefhuge bedlake titicacaeasy accessthe penthouse
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I spent five days at the Hotel Europa in early July 2012. Overall, I'd give it a poor rating. The worst aspect was its location - directly accross from a very noisy elementary school, with band practice on a daily basis until 11 pm. Sleeping was nearly impossible regardless of location in the hotel.

There was dried blood on the duvet which I unfortunately only discovered the day before check-out (the manager claimed it was paint).

The hotel's captive taxi drivers were just as dishonest as those found on the street. Concierge services non-existent, with the staff making no effort to even make a simple dinner reservation. Venturing into the lobby at night was interesting...the staff was completely asleep.

I asked for a 50% discount. Management refused, claiming it wasn't authorized to provide refunds or concessions.

Two stars in recognition of a good gym and breakfast facilities. Otherwise, overall a poor rating. The hotel is greatly overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
HotelEuropaSummit, Gerente at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear guest
On behalf of the Hotel, I would like to offer you our most
sincere apologies for the uncomfortable situation that you experienced at
our hotel. We were very sorry to read that your stay was not as
enjoyable as it should have been.
Any stain is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. The duvet with the red paint
stain has been taken out of our stock. This is an inexcusable mistake of
our Housekeeping Department and actions to correct this kind of incidents
have been taken care of.
The 16th of July is a Holiday in La Paz, and it is customary for all
schools to march in a parade with their school bands. We did not know
that the practices were extended until such late hours, 11:00 pm. If you
or any of our other guests would have made us aware of this situation we
could have been able to do something about it, change you to the other
wing of the hotel and mentioned it to the school Director, (which has been
already done), to put a limit on the hours of their practice, specially on
the outside patio to avoid the noise.
As you were able to verify in the taxi´s Tariff Sheet that we sent you,
all charges were made accordingly. One of our front desk staff that was
responsible for making your dinner reservation lost his job as he was
unable to have a reasonable explanation for this situation; when we had
the meeting with our Front Desk staff we strongly advised them that the
service expected by our guests is our top priority. As for our night
staff, a strong warning has also been sent to all the staff that works at
night and a greater supervision has been introduced, so that this kind of
incident is not repeated.
As we advised you previously, the additional 50% discount that you asked,
we considered it unjustified, and not according to our policy.
We offer you again our apologies, it is good to know what guests think of
our hotel so that we can improve our service and correct some actions and
learn from our mistakes.
Best Regards.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed on the nights Aug 8th and 9th , we were upgraded to a really nice room and the reception staff were very helpfull. However beware don't leave anything of value around the room, I had several items of purchased jewellery stored in my suitcase, only to find them all stolen out of their boxes, very upsetting as only discovered back on arrival! Should have put them all in the safe, but towards the end of the holiday you get fooled into false sense of security!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Berescl
Hotel_Europa_Bolivia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your time and leave this comment for us. After years, we have a better services; rooms, restaurats, spa and bar. We hope to have you in our Hotel always that you vist La Paz.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Rooms are big, with an 80's feel, but it is ok. Food (only had breakfast) was ok. I had a small bottle of water without gas- they were complimentary. After checking out they presented me with a bill for a bottle of water (with gas, whitch are not free). I did not even find the minibar (in the closet) so how that happened -I have no idea. But it definetly made me feel uncomfortable! THEN they asked if I had taken a small towel from the room! What?! Let's just say that my suitcase doubdtfully would have had room for a towel since I am on a 3 weeks trip. Also, I ordered a taxi via the reception and asked both the receptionist and the consierge what the price would be. Both said 10, but when I arrived the driver wanted more.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Lizkada
Hotel_Europa_Bolivia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your time and leave this commento for us. After years, we have a better services; rooms, restaurats, spa and bar. We hope to have you in our Hotel always that you vist La Paz.

Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

It's not 5 star hotel, but it was clean, large rooms with views, all the meals at the hotel were basic, lacked atmosphere, they offered free internet which was great.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank L_12_10

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We enjoyed this hotel very much. For a start the bathroom had a heated floor which allowed us to dry our clothes! Staff were very attentive and efficient. The location was great because it was within easy walking distance to everything we needed. Breakfast was excellent and the restaurant food was very good as well, though the service was a little slow. Excellent value too. It was clearly low-season because there weren't many people around. In fact one of the cafes was closed. My wife was under the impression they wanted to charge US$30 for the use of the pool. I must say it seems unlikely though so maybe the pool attendant simply didn't understand what we wanted.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank geonic

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your time and leave this lovely commento for us. After years, we have a better services; rooms, restaurats, spa and bar. We hope to have you in our Hotel always that you vist La Paz.