“Flavour plus, great atmosphere”

Paladar Cozinha Brasileira
Ranked #40 of 472 Restaurants in La Paz
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Selected Brazilian typical food from various corners of the country. Located at the heart of the Zona Sur in La Paz (San Miguel neighborhood). Excellent ambiance, and economic lunch options from Tuesday to Friday.Some typical dishes we offer:- Feijoada- Moqueca de Peixe- Vaca Atolada- Virado Paulista- Rabada and much more...Special dishes on request with 48 hour notice.Open Tuesday to Sunday from 12:00 to 15:00 and Tuesday to Saturday from 19:00 to 23:00 Closed on Mondays.
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We went there based on Trip Advisor reviews as we wanted a break from peruvian and bolivian cuisine and can't stand the regular fare on the gringo trail. It definately lived up to reviewers praise.

Also, great to see a different side of LaPaz down on the lower more affluent suburbs.

2  Thank munrino

Reviewed March 23, 2012

If you are in La Paz, please do not hesitate to visit El Paladar in San Miguel--you will not regret it! Upon entering the restaurant, you will immediately find yourself in a cozy, relaxing, and lovely environment in which to give in to the grand pleasures of eating. The outdoor seating is perfect to enjoy a truly delicious and filling lunch with friends or family. Thanks to its ample seating space, sunny environment, and beautiful decoration, El Paladar is ideal for a quiet romantic dinner on a weeknight, a formal business meal, or a relaxing family lunch on a Sunday afternoon.
The food is superb due both to the generous portions and its addictive Brazilian flare. When I visited the restaurant the first time, we were six people and four dishes proved more than enough to satisfy our appetite. The night included: feijoada (beef and pork stew), moqueca de peixe (fish and potato stew), filé a paulista (steak, sausage, farofa [toasted manioc flour mixture], kale, fried egg, and fried plantains), and rabada (oxtail stew). Add caipirinhas (Brazil's national cocktail made with cachaça [sugar cane rum], sugar, and lime) to the feast, and you'll find yourself just deeply in love with El Paladar!
Please be aware that El Paladar also offers non-traditional Brazilian dishes that still have a delicious Brazilian touch with amazingly gourmet details.
Last but not least, I would like to highlight the great service you will find in this restaurant. The waiters are pleasant and efficient and the owners (David and Mariana) will try their hardest to fulfill your every gastronomical whim with warmth and graciousness. They are both fully devoted to providing the best food, service, and atmosphere for all of their clients.
Visit El Paladar as soon as you can! Believe me, you will undoubtedly fall in love with it!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

The family running Paladar has been busy opening restaurants around La Paz. Of these, the one close to Montenegro Av. (South Zone) is the most attractive. Delicious, home-style Brazilian food from various regions go far beyond "feijoada". Don't forget to ask for the calorie-rich "coxinha" hors-d'ouvres.

1  Thank MacMONTE
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I work in the embassy of france and my brazilian friend edmundo That works at the embassy of brazil recomended me to goo to a typical brazilian restaurant that is paladar is a lovely place we went there in a saturday we were welcome by the owner of the restaurant a charming lady called neiva she is a brazilian that lives in la paz for 17 years she recomended us too eat a dish called rabada the food were delicious is the best restaurant in la paz I been in brazil many times and I never eated a food like this one I loved it congratulations to the owner !

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I split a full Feijoada (traditional Brazillian bean dish) with a colleague for dinner one night- we should have brought along two more people there was so much food! It was also exceptionally good! loaded with tender meat and sausages, exquisitely cooked beans, and all the traditional toppings/sides. We utterly failed to put a dent in the huge pot before us, but the attentive, knowledgeable and friendly waiter happily packaged it up beautifully for us.

We also ordered caiparinhas, and my colleague (a self-professed caiparinha snob) was very pleasantly surprised at the high quality.

All in all, between the quality of the food, drink and service and the pleasant ambiance of the restaurant, definitely my favorite meal in my recent work trip to La Paz.

3  Thank Bronwyn L