“Great way to see the center of La Paz”

La Paz Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 14 Nightlife in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The best way to know the real La Paz. Great insight into La Paz lifestyle, history and culture. A fun way to discover La Paz secrets. Customizable Private Tours.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I enjoued the free walking tour very much. The guide was knowledgeable and enthusiastic:-) It was not the ordinary "here we have the cathedral. It was build in XX year by YY"... it was more made up of small interesting informaitions.

There are newer reviews for La Paz Walking Tours

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Wow, what a great way to see La Paz! This walking tour was so much fun. My girlfriend and I were staying for a short time in La Paz and wanted to get the most out of it so we booked onto this walking tour. Our guide Ben spoke fantastic English and gave us a real insight into Bolivian life. He explained lots of the crazy locals traditions and more importantly, how to catch the buses, which we were dead scared of before! We saw lots of the city and got to ask all those questions that you have as a visitor that only a local can answer. I would definitely recommend this tour as La Paz can be daunting to the tourist but this made me love this city and it's people even more than we did before. Viva Bolivia!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had 9 unforgettable days walking in the Cordillera Real and the Yungas. The trnsition from the high alpine landscape to the tropical forest is impressive and a must whoever wants to enjoy these pristine Bolivian landscapes to the most! Topas Tavel (Carlos Bravo 299, La Paz, 02 2111082 or 73088333, topas.bo) is offering highly professional and tailor-made services. We highly recommend to go with Topas Travel if you want to have an unfrogettable experience.

1  Thank Martina L
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Well, I made reservations over the Internet for March 3, 2011 for my niece and myself. About 2 days before we left for La Paz Bolivia, I decided to check my reservations to see if we were still good. To my disappointment, the walking tour site had an announcement that they were closed from February 21st to March 22nd and that they were sorry for the inconveniece they had caused. Well I'm not coming back to La Paz to make up the tour. I think we missed a good thing. But I went to La Paz at a bad time for the walking tour. I think the walking tour is one of few good things that La Paz has going for it that it has to be open year around. Somebody has to carry the ball for them rain or shine.

1  Thank raygar07Fullerton_CA
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Because the Huayna Potosi (6088m) is considered one of the easiest climbs over 6000m, we decided to give it a try. We had no experience and decided to go with Llama Trek, an expensive company but it al looked good. They had experienced and licenced guides. They only had a 2day tour (which gives enough time if aclamatized), so we booked. We payed 1140 Bs, not including the overnight stay or park entrance (which we didn't pay at all because the gard wasn't there). It incluced basic gear, licenced guide and transport. The rest of the gear we had to rent (with help from our guide). The next day we returned to fit the iceboots and met the owner of the company. She wasn't unfriendly, but she wasn't very helpfull either. My boots were not fitting the way they should and she said it would be fine walking for 9(!) hours. When I insisted I could try different shoes, which were better. They also changed the time we would leave the day after to 9am instead of 8am. It would all be fine. The next morning when we were on time, we found out that they didn't inform us that we had to have big bags to carry all the gear, so they had to go search for bags. We ended up waiting for half an hour before they put us cramped into an old taxi (5 people) with no safetybelts. On the way in La Paz we stopped to fill the tires, to buy drinks for the driver, to recollect something from our guide his house. Then we went to the base camp, painfully slow, 4WD passing us on the way, we arrived at base camp at 11, which should be much earlier. Had lunch and made the tough 3 hour trek up to high camp. I must say that from then on the guide was very good, and we practiced for a while on the glacier. I got sick that night so didn't climb the peak but my boyfriend did and was very pleased with the guide. While waiting for him to return (they were the last) I found out that the other people had payed half of what we had, were driven in a 4WD and had a good licenced guide aswell. The way back was tough because I was still ill and the guide carried some of our stuff, which was really good. The way back was in the same taxi again cramped and we were happy to get out. Over all the experience is really worth it, but we felt way overcharged for what we got.

2  Thank travelllgirlll