“Tasty food and great service”
Review of Maphrao On

Maphrao On
Ranked #83 of 459 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The restaurant has a good atmosphere and the service was fantastic. I love very spicy food and my boyfriend likes mild, so it's always tricky when sharing dishes (as you tend to in Asian restaurants), the waiter suggested that they prepare the dishes more mild, and he then provided me with 3 side sauces of varying degrees of heat and flavour - delicious!

We ordered tom yung kung, this had a great flavour and I really enjoyed it. It was slightly different to what I would have been served In Thailand but that's to be expected as this is a fusion restaurant, however it didn't vary much and it was a good blend of flavours. The egg rolls and the chicken tikka masala were also really good. The portion sizes are decent, we shared two starters and a main between two.

We were impressed and had a great evening here - thanks!

Sent from my iPad

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I travelled to Asia a lot and had really nice typical food in local places there so I am always picky when it comes to go to an Asiatic restaurant abroad. This one was an unexpected experience that brought my mouth back in Asia. Very nice indian and thai food (they also have food from other regions but I did not try them, they are probably good too!) and it was just the right amount of spices and herbs. I was later explained by the owner that he had a special relationship to India and was importing directly the spices from there. That probably explains a lot of the magic flavours!
As for the place, it is not too unformal, not too uptight, kind of traditional. Overall it sets your mind at peace!
Very neat service.
A place to be remembered and

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Food was excellent and prices decent. Just do not go there if you do not have enough time, because service can be quite slow.
Shrimps and sauces are perfect, cook knows how to play on salty/sugary.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Looking for something a bit different from the local cuisine which we had been having for the last 4 weeks. Found this great little restaurant with various Asian food - Indian, Thai, Malaysian etc. wonderful flavours given further depth with complimentary pickles and chutneys. Great ambience, friendly and helpful service. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Tonnes of asian style food, but not as good as I was hoping to be honest. The pad Thai my friend had was pretty good, but my dish was a bit lacking.