“Wonderful little gem in Sopocachi!”

La Guinguette - La Paz - Bolivia
Ranked #52 of 445 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: saturday we are close (day-off) Sunday we are open in dinner-time Tuesday 2x1 in Pastas & burgers.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I really this cafe. It was comfortable, cosy and I felt as if I had been transported to Europe and I had dinner there twice. The first time I had the smoked trout salad which was tasty and included generous portions of smoked trout. It was perfect with a crisp glass of white wine. The quinoa flan is delicious and interesting. Highly recommend it. Wonderful place!

There are newer reviews for La Guinguette - La Paz - Bolivia

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I went here for a romantic meal and I must say it was lovely. It was quiet and but not too quiet where you are afraid to talk, it had a great balance with music playing. The service was very professional and friendly, and the food was amazing. I recommend the duck which comes in a red wine sauce. I would definitely return!

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I loved the good food I ate here.
I had the llama gazpacho a quinoa beer and a bowl of French onion soup. Everything was fresh and perfectly seasoned..

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Perhaps surprised to find a table on Valentines Day, friday night, we were allowed to be impressed by the interpretation of Bolivian cuisine at this restaurant. Granted, it is split between a bar/coffee house and a restaurant, and those eating suffer a bit from the music and cigarette smoke, while those on the other side probably would like more attention from the restaurant-focused staff, but if that doesnt get you down, give it a try. Going for something not totally french is probably your best bet, as the Llama steak was exceptional, done in smaller pieces with a french reduction, and a phenomenal red quinoa and mushroom side. What it perhaps lacks in ambiance as a restaurant, it can make up in the quality of its food.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Restaurant has nice ambiance, very little English so we received several items we did not order and were not able to correct even though my husband is comfortable with understanding Italian and often my son can comprehend the Spanish. The portions of food were large and they kept the meats warm with tableside warmers.