“Large portions”

Ranked #51 of 445 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: saturday we are close (day-off) Sunday we are open in dinner-time Tuesday 2x1 in Pastas & burgers.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Restaurant has nice ambiance, very little English so we received several items we did not order and were not able to correct even though my husband is comfortable with understanding Italian and often my son can comprehend the Spanish. The portions of food were large and they kept the meats warm with tableside warmers.

There are newer reviews for La Guinguette - La Paz - Bolivia

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Maybe as a restaurant it offers more, but as a coffee shop it offers very little choices. Basically, apart from a ham & cheese croissant, there nothing else you can order along with your coffee or tea. The place is small and the service could be better. Being part of the Alliance Francaise it could be much better. I didn't try it as a restaurant, I won't risk.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The place is very good for romantic dinners, Candle lights and nice music. The prices is really cheap for such food with good quality and beautiful place. Not open on Sundays

Reviewed August 24, 2013

All the dishes are appealing and satisfying, i.e. healthy portions. They have the best cheese plate in the city; I've tried them all. A limited, but varied wine selection, including their own label, at affordable prices along with a fine selection of craft beers. My favorite entrées are their duck, beef and trout offerings. Their daily specials are varied and include rabbit and lamb. The 3- dessert combo: chocolate mousse, tiramisu and creme brulee is irresistable.. Try it with their caramel liqueur cappuchino. The atmoshpere is inviting and the service attentive. I've become a regular and appreciate the consistent quality. *They've recently gone non-smoking until 7 pm.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The first thing I noticed when I walked in to meet my friends was the very heavy odour of cigarette smoke. It became stifling throughout our meal, and my clothes and hair wreaked of cigarettes by the time I left. I can only imagine what my lungs were going through! By sheer coincidence, I had dined at another French restaurant nearby two days earlier and I ended up ordering the exact same items: warm goat cheese salad and ravioli (the vegetarian options). The food was a few Bolivianos more expensive than the other place and the quality of the food was far inferior, lacking much flavour and creativity. I would not visit here again. There are far better choices nearby and for a few Bolivianos cheaper.