“TripAdvisor overrated restaurant”

Restaurante LP Columbus
Ranked #200 of 434 Restaurants in La Paz
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The LP Restaurant is comfortably furnished and has a pleasant minimalist decor, seats up to 60 guests and is open every day of the week. The restaurant provides the perfect venue for a quiet Buffet breakfast on the first floor (7:00—10:00 am). The lunch and dinner menus are based on Bolivian and International cuisine, in addition to a fixed lunch menu from Monday to Sunday.
Singapore, Singapore
“TripAdvisor overrated restaurant”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I went to Restaurant LP because of all the good reviews here at TripAdvisor.

I came by foot, it's about an half hour walk from Plaza San Fransisco.
I arrived and they greeted me fine (LP is also a three star hotel, so the restaurant is on the 2. floor)

I ordered a Bolivian course together with a juice (cherry).
To start with the course (sorry can't remember the name of it); the food were desent and nothing special. I had potatoes, peanut sauce, eggs, salad, cheese and tomatoes. Paid 39 soles for it.
The juice (jugo) was a bit different that I expected. At first I thought of fresh-pressed juice. But came in a bottle. Turned out it was a Del Valle cherry juice. Actually impressive, I really liked it. The price for the juice were only 8 soles (300 ml.) So I would say that is good value for money, and the juice is made in Cochubamba.

One thing that was a plus were the service, the waiter/waitress was good and professional.

One thing I didn't notice was the atmosphere(?) I were alone together with a couple of ladies sitting at another table, so atmosphere were equal zero.

And by the way, now (April 2012) they got some kind of reconstruction in the room next door, so can be pretty noisy with drilling (I didn't got annoyed by that, but could imagine that others would).

• Visited April 2012

Ontario, Wisconsin
“THE FOOD WAS JUST DECENT”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I was a little disappointed since this place had high reviews.
I went for lunch on and was surprised by the quiet atmosphere it almost felt like we had to whisper. But anyway the food was just decent

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Camila_will
East Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Serious Lunch”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is by far the best place to eat typical food at night. The waiters are fantastic and this place was very close to my hotel. It was so good I went there twice and I've still got some days at La Paz and seriously considering to go there again.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank FoOdLoVeR53596
Ferar
“The best by far....”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

If you love fine local food this is the place to go while in La Paz. Exquisite food,for lunch the best choice in La Paz,we tried quite 2 other lunch menus in San Francisco and compare to other restaurants listed in Lonely Planet is the best by far. must try.

Houston
“The lunch menu is the best one in La Paz”
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Really for 3 Usd an amzing lunch menu, the restaurant is very modern and new...