“Gonna miss Saltenas!”

Ranked #20 of 459 Restaurants in La Paz
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent small cafe in 20 Octubre selling my fave food in Bolivia, the Saltena. Carne & Pollo are my two faves but also a vegetarian option too here. Incredibly tasty and easily my favourite Bolivian food. Service efficient and polite and incredibly cheap. Full of locals which says it all. A must visit while in La Paz

Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you are in Bolivia and you don't try the saltena, you're missing out on the national food.

This is the best place in La Paz, there is usually a wait, even when it is raining, but the juicy empanada looking pastry with meat and eggs and olive, dripping down your hands as you eat it vertically from the top down (the way it should be eaten) will take you places you've never been to before. Make sure you are not vegan, low carb, gluten free or just say to hell with your dietary restrictions to have this one time. IT WILL BE WORTH EVERY BITE.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a new concept for me, i had never had this food before and i can say i has immediately become one of my favorites, if you only have one it is a snack if you have 2 it is a whole meal! i started trying only the beef one, then went for the chicken, then both at the same time, it is fresh, filling, fantastic price and spic and rich like the food in La Paz, It is on 20 de octubre, almost to the corner of rosendo gutierrez, at first it looks like a take-out only place but up the stairs there are plenty tables

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The saltenas were delicious and fresh. They offer a vegetarian saltena that is filled with a variety of savory vegetables. The service is reliable, friendly, and speedy. This a an excellent stop for a lunch break.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I lived three years and a half in La Paz but I didn´t return there since 2003. Salteñas was one of my favourites meals while I lived there and the first thing that I did when I arrived to La Paz was visiting Salteñas La Paceña, by the Avaroa Square. I had been dreaming with that moment for a long time and I was not dissapointed - they were as good as I remembered them. Delicious and yummy!!!! In a town where you can buy salteñas everywhere, La Paceña is by far the best place to do it.