“Best food in La Paz”

La Comedie restaurant art cafe
Ranked #53 of 408 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Yorkshire
“Best food in La Paz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Great varied food menu and all the dishes for our group of ten were of the highest standard. Good value for the quality and wide ranging drinks menu. Lovely atmosphere and nice touches in the little extras such as olives and breads. As good food as you will find at this level in La Paz and the service was quick and friendly. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013

London
“Okay food and slowest service I've seen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Food was okay, better than usual in La Pa, but really nothing special.

However, the service was very, and I mean very, slow (40 mins for a tea to start with is excessive in my view) even, when the place was moderately busy.

Go with a reservation and plenty of time to spare.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank lukaszadam
Vancouver
“Absolutely worth the Bolivianos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant which I visited three times in my one month in Bolivia. The food is delicious. I felt like it was one of those restaurants where the chef has put a lot of thought and love into what he/she is serving, and I enjoyed every bite. For my last meal there, I took my friends (there were eight of us in total). Space was not a problem for such a large group and service was very efficient. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we walked out stuffed. The best part is that despite the prices being higher than other restaurants, no one walked out feeling ripped off...which is more than I can say for a number of other places in La Paz. I would recommend La Comedie in a heartbeat, and I would go back if I ever find myself in La Paz again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank VancouverOutside
Berkeley, California
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at La Loge and were lucky to have easy access to La Comedie restaurant. Our family of five enjoyed a delicious meal with excellent service in this beautiful and creative space. Our order included trout, beef, lamb, pork and shrimp, and each dish was loved by its diner. The price is fair based on the high quality. We all highly recommend this place and wish it existed in our home town!

Visited July 2013
“Perhaps my favorite place worldwide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

La Comedie is a wonderful restaurant in the heart of La Paz. It's the lower half of a very unique boat shaped building on a quiet street. The exterior is painted with murals and is warm a and inviting, inside is decorated beautifully with natural woods everywhere you look. The meals are absolutely amazing in every way! Perfectly cooked, everything we ordered was better than the last!!

We ate there many times during our stay, because upstairs, there is the best kept secret in all of La Paz... They also rent 3 amazing suites above the restaurant! We were in a tiny room, big hotel the first 2 nights before we found La Comedie... What a difference! Amazingly priced, we had a large bedroom with built in wood bed and closet all amazing local woods, as well as a huge living room with tv, kitchenette fully stocked with teas and jams and butter and more. Every morning you awoke to fresh rolls in a basket outside the door! And while out exploring the city, the included cleaning service washed and folded our dirty laundry!!! More than you could ever ask for! No reservations online, because you'd never get one... It would be booked for years, just call or stop by when you arrive, or call ahead if you feel adventurous!

• Visited February 2013