“party house”

and 1 more site!
Wild Rover Hostels
Ranked #2 of 76 Specialty Lodging in La Paz
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is a good hostel, good food and rdinks, the sfaff make you feel welcome. Hot showers, clean rooms. I will definitely stay here again. The only drawback was the 1hr wait for food.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Wild Rover Hostels

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Planned to stay here for 4 nights and ended up staying a week. So easy to meet people as there is something going on every night; a BBQ, quiz, pool competition, dress up etc. Definitely a place for those 18-30 who want a party hostel. Breakfast is the usual bread and jam but the food you can order at the bar is so good. If you want eggs, bacon and French toast for breakfast, you can order it. Bathrooms are cleaned and checked every hour. The place has won awards for its cleanliness.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 24, 2012

If you´re looking for deep and meaningful discussions about Israeli Foreign Policy or to enjoy a long and winding polemic about the merits of a strong Catholic Church, then the WIld Rover isn´t for you. Maybe you should look into an Avacado Farm or something.
I stayed in the Wild Rover on 3 seperate occasions in Feb/ March. We used it as a hub to travel around Bolivia (my favourite country bar none) and loved it every time. If you know how to have a good time, and believe that you can sleep when you´re dead, then the Wild Rover in La Paz provides a great canvas, the rest is up to you.
The food is great and the staff are good craic. If you´re a very light sleeper, just ask for a room away from the bar. Or, you can rip it up and get home so late that you could fall asleep on Joseph Fritzl´s doorstep.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed here longer than i expected but it was brilliant for me as a girl travelling alone. i met fantastic people and the facilities were super. the showers were amazing and the bathrooms were so clean. Jack the manager was so helpful. The food was lovely and the prices were very reasonable.i would definitely recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was a 19 year old girl travelling alone and stayed in the 16 bed dorm next to the bar. Its cheap, nice and sooooo much fun. The point of the hostel is to have fun, the staff are really helpful and the tab system is a great bonus. The beds are the best in South America, not kidding.

I stayed hear for 9 nights, which was a little too long for La Paz but the people I met, and the atmosphere made it impossible to leave! The food was actually quite nice - as a vegetarian meals were hard to find, but there were a few options. I would beware as a few people did get food poisoning...

The showers were nice and HOT all day, which for Bolivia a real novelty. I don't normally write reviews but seeing as it was one of the best hostels I stayed in couldn't help it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2012

As others have said I made the most of it and partied for 3 nights. On my last night I wanted to sleep before getting on a 7am bus. Unfortunately that night some try-hard artist had decided he was going to paint a door right outside my room til 3am. Every 5min some looser would walk up and ask the same 5 lame questions. Then after a while every loner traveler Id seen over the last 3 days had formed some ultimate loser group and were chatting and yelling outside my room in the corridor??? THERES A FKN BAR??. I told them to shut up a million times but I dont know what was more annoying the noise or the pathetic conversation. But it kind of summed up my time here.. I realised there were a lot of loosers here.. I really only liked the Irish and a few Aussies I met.. everyone else was either boring or trying to latch onto me or chat up the girls that were waay out of their league. Worst place Ive stayed in the last 8 months. What kind of a manager books in a door to get painted til 3am? Although my experience wasnt half as bad as the other ppl checking out with us in the morning.. I still wont be staying in Cuzco Wild Rover as a result. If you do stay here for 1 night max.. be thoughtful and dont talk in the hallways.. oh and eat the food here its AMAZING!

Room Tip: Somewhere at the back!! Or better yet across the road there is a cheaper quieter hostel and you can...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2012

As others before have said we were weary coming to this hostel due to its reputation.

And it lived up to most things. We had a great night and drank in the bar with lots of other travellers and then headed off in to La Paz for a crazy night, which we had!

However if like us you are pretty fragile the next day and cant do two nights in a row the chances are some of the other younger guests in your dorm can and will make a bit of noise. The guys in our room were really nice and apologetic but we kind of expected it, I am not sure you can go here and expect a serene hostel experience, it won't happen.

Needless to say we checked out the next day and headed on!

Overall the hostel was clean, the showers and bathrooms ok.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple