“Great value and fantastic views”
Review of Hotel Fuentes

Hotel Fuentes
Ranked #60 of 77 Hotels in La Paz
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed here in mid winter after a long (multi-day) trip in from Peru.

The staff were very helpful. They organised for all our laundry to be cleaned and for our onward bus tickets. The location was excellent, and we had a great view from our window. Value for money wise it can't be beaten.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room to get the great view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Fuentes

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I cannot be positive about this hotel. We stayed here for a couple of days and we liked the location and the breakfast. But when we left, we had to pay for a dirty towel. The guy of the reception said that the stains were blood and that it couldn't get washed out. I told the guy that it wasn't blood as the stains were yellow and orange, but he said that he would call the tourist police if we didn't pay and that he wouldn't open the hotel door (it was 6 am), until we had paid for the dirty towel (while our taxi was waiting outside to bring us to the airport). We wanted him to call the police, but we were running out of time and were forced to pay and made him open the hoteldoor. We think the money went straight in his own pocket.
Don't stay at this place. They don't deserve customers as they don't now how to run a hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda K
Reviewed September 21, 2011

yes, it was late, dark and i didn't booked anywhere else before, so my first hotel in La Paz was the Fuentes Hotel.
The best of this Hotel is the Location, in the heart of the most interesting area in La Paz, and very close from everywhere, around the area there was full of souvenirs shop, restaurants, and traditional crafts.
The Staff, was very nice, extremely shy but nice and helpful.
It wasn't expensive at all, and because the location it pays it self.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diego_Hotel
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at Fuentes for one week in Feb 2011. I was coming from a tiring travelling month and had two more ahead, so I chose to spend a few more bucks and stay in a comfy room all by myself. Staff were not very helpful, well I'd say they're quite invisible except when you have to pay. They are there, but basically don't do anything. The only problem I encountered was noise, as someone has already pointed out the inside courtyard (where all the rooms are facing) is very loud at night and especially during early morning, where the reception guy starts cleaning and SINGING loud to music -- this is a very mean thing to do, because he KNOWS people are trying to sleep. Apart from that the service is ok, I didn't have any special request and breakfast was good (toast+eggs+coffee or mate+juice) room was big and clean and the location is very central (just off the Sagarnaga, which is the main commercial/touristic street). One last (bad) thing: one day there was no hot water in the shower, I complained to the guy and he basically didn't do anything except telling me to wait and try opening the tap again later. After insisting a bit, he went upstairs and actually solved the problem, which made me think he was just too lazy to do it as soon as possible. At the moment of paying I complained about this and the noise problem and he said he couldn't give me a discount because the owner didn't want to. I said I wanted to talk to her but guess what? She wasn't there.

The owner is never there.
And I think I won't be at Fuentes either, next time I'm in La Paz.

Room Tip: Don't stay on first floor if you can, upper floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Simo V
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We had to wait in the airport cause the check in wasn't 24 hours.
When we arrived to the hotel they gave us a third floor with no elevator (being at more than 3500 meters of altitude... imagine that carrying the luggage...) Nobody even offered top help us with the luggage. We asked for paying but they had no change.
The bed was very bad as well as the smelly water coming from the pipe.
We spend the day in the city and when we came back at 7 PM we arranged with the reception guy to have breakfast at 6 AM as our tour bus was coming at 7, they said no problem.
We use the internet until 9.05 PM when we were asked to leave it, despite it was supposed to be until 9.30. We asked for paying again but again they had no change.
We went out for dinner and when we came back we had to stay 10 minutes in the street ringing the bell under the pouring rain because the reception boy was sleeping !!!

Dirty, old sheets in a very old and uncomfortable mattress, smelly water coming from the pipe, etc.

That's not all... Next morning we got up early and as it was "arranged" we went to have breakfast. Guess what ?... No breakfast until 7.30 !!!
We asked the sleepy boy for it and he said had to wait until the manager came. When he arrived he EVEN REFUSED TO GIVE US SOME HOT WATER TO MAKE A TEA EVEN WHEN THE KITCHEN WAS OPEN alleging it was necessary to wait until the kitchen staff arrived !!!!!!!!!

We seriously don't recommend this hotel !!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diegon
Reviewed October 26, 2010

All the rooms face a central courtyard so you might think it a quiet place. But at 630 to staff gets busy in the courtyard, cleaning, talking to each other, and at 730 music comes on the PA system. Dishes clatter. Any travellers have to check out early in the morning and you will hear every word of their tranaction with the front desk. In short do not expect to sleep into the morning in this hotel.

I have no other complaints - it was clean, cable tv was great and the shower was hot 24 hours.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank keithk_nyc
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We stayed three times in Hotel Fuentes during our stay in La Paz and were not disappointed. Service was excellent each time. Staff was very accomodating and it all felt very well organized and secure. The rooms are nothing special but decent value for the price. Good hot showers. Great location but still quiet. Free internet. Breakfast is nothing special though and the breakfast room is a bit depressing.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple