“Worst Stay Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn - Arkansas City
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arkansas City
“Worst Stay Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

First of all, I'd like to say that I rented first 9 days, usually hotels will give you a better rate when you stay a long time, I paid $350 the first time. The second time I rented one week and paid $440. How does that work? 9 days= $350 7 days= $440. Hm. Anyway, I get put in the farthest building both times where I'd like to say the wifi DOES NOT WORK WHATSOEVER. There are only like ten channels on the "Cox Hispeed Cable tv". Second, the hot water was NONEXISISTANT. I called the manager. He claimed he called a plumber. Three days passed by. Nothing. I called yet again. He moved me to a "new" room. It was unclean! The bath tub was full of rocks and dirt !! After cleaning it myself the bath tub clogged up somehow BEFORE I EVER USED IT. Two days passed by. He came in to fix it. Then, it wouldn't retain water so taking a bath wasn't an option whatsoever. The air conditioner blew out warm air the entire stay. The manager did nothing about it. When I sent my husband inside to check us out an entire night before our week was up he claimed we were late checking out so we owed him $$126. My husband asked how this was so and the guy began ranting to where he couldn't be understood. Let me remind everyone, if and when someone doesn't check out when they are supposed to the owners will turn the key card off. I know this because they tried to do that the day after I bought a week and I wouldnt have it. And my husband tolx the guy this, the guy simply replied you owe me $126. So we paid it. They do not deserve to get away with this! We did absolutely nothing to deserve this kind of treatment and I am not going to let it go unnoticed and unpunished.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Payton P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

First the key did not work, but the manager was walking our way and let us in the room. He went and got us another key. There were several long dark hairs in the tub, we told the manager and he contacted housekeeping. Instead of coming to the room she called the room and wanted to know what the problem was instead of coming to the room. She came to the room and insisted we show her where the hairs were in the tub which we did. She stated they were cracks in the tub. My wife told her she wasn’t picking up the hair to show her and we weren’t going to stay if she didn’t clean it. She then said she wasn’t going to clean it if we weren’t staying. My wife restated, no, we wouldn’t stay if she didn’t clean the tub; the housekeeper finally cleaned the tub. The next morning there was a dead bug on the bathroom floor. I’m used to the entire towel and wash clothes slots being filled when checking into a room. Not here, there were two sets of each. Also, the “King” bed was a Queen. There was no coffee maker, iron, ironing board or hair dryer in the room. The continental breakfast was Spartan. I tried the orange juice and it tasted like water. My wife said she will never stay at America’s Best Value again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Arkansas City hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here for my son's wedding, 5/15/2014-5/18/2014. Good central location, clean room, extra firm bed, all appliances worked well. WIFI is very slow, but works. I didn't take part in the breakfast, but I did see cereal, juice and coffee. I'm rating this 4 of 5 stars and it is a great value! If I should return to Arkansas City, I will stay here again!

Brian Peterson
Ajo, AZ

• Stayed May 2014
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Had a short one night stay , service at hotel restaurant was great . The room was clean and ready and best of all the bed was comfortable with the perfect amount of pillows and covers had a great night.

Room Tip: If you need any extra shampoo or sugar, creamer, just ask before you really need it so you can have...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I would not stay at this hotel again. The towels were rough and stiff! The window air conditioning unit made a horrible noise when it came on. The shower did not have a shower head so when I turned the shower on the water sprayed everywhere. The room is old and needs updating.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
Arkansas City, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The room was clean and was very fresh smelling. Great value. The internet was down and he reset the router and then came to our room to make sure it was working!! This is a good place for not a lot of money. I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Our room was dirty with cigarette burns on the sheets, ice machine didn't work, wi-fi was broke, and the breakfast was blah... The coffee service in the room had not been replaced and was clearly very used. While the room did't cost much even a cheap hotel can do better than this.
Certainly won't be back

Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Winfield
4.5 of 5 stars 32 reviews
Super 8 Winfield/Quail Ridge Area

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Arkansas City? Share your experiences!