“Pet friendly- People disgusting....”

Quality Inn Arkansas City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Arkansas City
New York
“Pet friendly- People disgusting....”
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Let me preface this by saying I am a traveler that travels about 50-75% of every month. I have stayed in the good, bad and ugly. This was BY FAR the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I arrived as a business traveler to a business center that couldn't print anything so I had to write out my schedule by hand every day. My room was atrocious and smelled like urine. It was about 90 degrees when I got there and that on top of the smell made the first impression just lovely. I had to buy air freshener to make the hotel even bearable. The atrium looks like it rolled out of 1989, is un-air conditioned and is dark. I was without internet until 10:00 one night and to top it all off, everything is unmistakably dirty- the bathroom, sheets, floors...so gross. Do yourself a favor and stay in Winfield.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
lexington
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I regret that I didn't pay attention to the reviews here and gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt. I made a mistake when I stayed here. The photos ARE DECEPTIVE. After three attempts to find a clean room I gave up and decided to check out of this facility. The staff was Extremely RUDE and unhelpful. Every single room that I switched to was dirty, toilet hadn't been cleaned with urine all over it, tub and bathroom floor had pubic hair all over. The carpet had not been vacuumed in who knows how long. After moving to the third room I finally decided that I wanted my money back. They would not let me have my money back. I stayed and of course, the sheets looked like blood stains were on them. Traveler BEWARE-Don't stay here!!! GROSS and entirely DIRTY, disgusting, Rooms, and Entirely Rude Staff!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Arkansas City hotels

Gladstone
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Stayed here for 2 days with a griuyp for a meeting in Winfield. In the past stayed in Winfield. Was little scared with some reviews but it was really great. Staff was very nice/ Hotel much better then winfield. Quiet place with great decor. Wil stay again in June
They provided AAA discount

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank megabucks11
kansas city
Reviewed February 24, 2009

The staff at the hotel was very helpful. We came in early and they let us check at 9.00 AM without any fuss or extras. They also directed us to the breakfast which was delicious. The room they gave us was facing the pool. The hot tub was great and teh property was very clean. The hotel is little expensive but was worth the monet because we save atleast $20 by getting a full breakfast
The area is very peaceful and it is also few miles away from the casino
Great place keep it up. Originally we were little nervous because of the reviews

Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dance111
Belle Plaine Minnesota
Reviewed November 22, 2008

First of all, the staff was extremely incompetent at check in. On top of not knowing what they were doing, they were rude.

When I we got to our room it was so hot, the sheets when turned down were filthy. We had to get clean sheets, and make the bed ourselves. The bathroom had hair in the tub, on the floor and in the sink. I think a really hairy person was in there before us and housekeeping just forgot to clean it. The toilet had urine all over it, so the hairy person left behind his mark as well. Gross.

We asked to be moved to another room after finding the disgusting bathroom. 2nd room, not much of an improvement. The pillowcases had blood or something on them. Asked for clean pillowcases, and put those on them myself. The tub had soap scum all over it, and I felt I should have brought my ajax and cleaner to clean it. I just could not believe the issues. One after another. I felt like I should be on their housecleaning staff!!!

I gave up with the cleanliness and tried to sleep after changing our pillowcases. I just wanted to sleep and get out of this hotel tthe next day.

Best Western should be ashamed to represent this dump. We won't be back, and warning to other travelers, it's very dirty and not worth the money that we paid.

• Liked — Not a Thing!
  • Disliked — Filthy, Filthy, Filthy!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 28, 2008

The rates were higher than what was shown on the web site Hotel-guide.us. A "AAA" discount, was supposed to be applied, but when checking in, I was informed that they don't accept AAA on weekends!

The bathtub did not drain and the toilet wouldn't flush. Maintenance fixed it after I called about it Saturday morning.

After returning to our room from the Arkalalah Saturday, we found that someone had entered the room, made one bed, & put away my daughter's clothes, but didn't make the other bed, clean the room, or provide clean towels, etc.

The hot tub was COLD!

Breakfast was horrible! Milk was warm, juice was warm, food was cold and tasted bad!

Sunday after checking out, we realized we had left some items in the room, so we called to have them brought to the front desk. When I returned to pick them up, some of our items were missing. I talked to the manager of housekeeping and she said there had been reports from other guests about the lady who was assigned to clean our room, she'd been seen throwing items out of guest room windows. She told me she would deal with the staff, but I couldn't speak to the lady because I probably wouldn't be able to understand her. The manager said she would find my belongings and return them to me, so I waited, and she returned within minutes with the remainder of my things.

I'll never stay there again!

• Liked — Pool side Atrium area for visiting with frinds while the kids swam.
  • Disliked — Quality of Housekeeping and Restaurant! Definitely Won't Stay Again!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Memphis
Reviewed October 24, 2008

I would have a confirmation number and address though the front desk was possibly the most ineffective group I have experienced in the 30 years I have been traveling. The room rate was 30% higher then confirmed, check in took 45 mins. The directory in the room was for a Best Western in St. Charles, MO. The hot tub was colder then the pool and the desk clerk stated that it was as hot as it could safely be. I have stayed in hotels, motels and Inns from Bejing to Seattle and to date have experienced none including the mom and pops and econo inns that would rate lower then this. The only reason we are staying is due to the inavailability of other rooms. I traveled from TN, My mother in law from Iowa and my kids from all around the area. The is a disaster! My father in law had Oxygen delivered and due to the staff mislabelling it we must scramble to get another source. I will be sending this to Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and anyone else that will listen.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arkansas City
Americas Best Value Inn - Arkansas City
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#4 of 5 in Arkansas City

Been to Quality Inn Arkansas City? Share your experiences!