“Run Down” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Arkansas City
Emporia, Kansas
“Run Down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at Quality Inn in Arkansas City for a PBL State Conference and Competition. I was not impressed at all with the hotel or it's employees. I had called ahead and asked if they would take a check from the College I was with and they said yes, when I got there the person on duty had to call the manager because he wasn't sure. The room was run down, there was a mousetrap under my nightstand, and the hot tub didn't work and pool was cold. Breakfast was at least good, but this was a horrible stay. Will stay somewhere else if I ever have to go back.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, run down.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica R
Hiren S, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Arkansas City, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Jessica,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with all my staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Arkansas City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Columbus, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We didn't read any reviews before reserving this room, but it was in the location was where we wanted to spend the night! BIG mistake!! Not clean at all-- found a helium balloon and a shoe in the room that didn't belong to us. No cups or glasses to drink from--half of the ceiling was missing in our bathroom!! Don't stop--drive further!! Can't get any worse!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MEC808
Alva, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

After reading some reviews I was a bit skeptical about this motel. Our room was lower level on the inside next to the atrium which had a very nice pool, video games, pool table and other niceties. The view was nice! There were people in the pool when we arrived, however, there was little to no noise in our room and with the sheers drawn, plenty of privacy. It does put off some light in the room at night so if you need the room totally dark I would suggest an outer room. It didn't bother us at all. It was very clean and updated. Typical amenities you would expect from a hotel of this type. The only thing I saw was it had a box television instead of a newer flat screen model. This to me is not a deal breaker since we were only there overnight while visiting family in the area. The bed was too hard for me but nice and clean, pillows were plenty and comfortable. The room smelled clean and the staff was super accommodating. We did enjoy the free breakfast which consisted of fresh fruits, cereals, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, coffee and juice. Overall I would recommend this motel to anyone staying in the area. Next time we are visiting we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the atrium if you don't like any light in your room at night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our youngest son will be attending Cowley College on scholarship this year. We booked this hotel because the reviews were better than the other hotels nearby. We were very impressed. The desk clerk was kind and helpful. The continental breakfast was good with a nice selection. The room was clean and the maid gave us extra towels when we told her we did not need the room cleaned one day. She dumped the trash and gave us fresh linens. We will always stay here. From the looks of the cars at dinner time they must serve a beautiful meal although our stay was short we have high marks for this hotel. I only wish they would put their name on the sign out front! When we checked out the young Indian gentleman was very kind and very helpful. I would recommend this place to everyone. Beds gave us good rest after a long and weary road trip.

Room Tip: We were on the back near the pool. It was very lovely. We met a gentleman, a railroader, who uses th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Anne R
Iola, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

The rooms are decent and clean but the dining area is very dirty...ie the awning material has so much dirt it is hanging down over your food. No manager on duty. Web site advertised price will not be honored at the front desk. They overcharged me by 60 dollars and all they would say is the web site is not correct. I wont stay here again and would not reccomend it. The super 8 is right next door and they will honor their advertised price.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Scott A S
Batesville, AR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was one of two motels recommended to me in Ark City. We pulled up and couldn't tell if it was open or not, although it was 4 p.m. I entered the side door and asked a man standing in front if the place was open and he said it was. The seats were full of people apparently waiting to get into rooms. One clerk was frantically shuffling papers and running around. I stood at the counter for several minutes and decided to leave, Although what little I saw of the place looked nice and inviting with the promise of a pool, I couldn't take the unfriendly lack of a welcome, either corporately or individually. Why would you stick one person at a counter when it's obvious she needs help and is trying as hard as she can?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank OzarkGateway870
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

this might change but as of March 2012 this facility has no name, no signage outside, no way to know if you are in the right place unless, like I did, you ask people in the parking lot what this place is. It used to be best western, currently is not, but does not yet have a new name. There are no pads of paper in rooms b/c they don't want anything saying best western and it's not yet become whatever it's going to be. Paper with information as to phone number etc. scraped off phone so good luck if you want to ask anyone to call you . . . no cell service in my room, though there is internet access. room appears clean but there is a pool just outside with noisy kids. My room was not ready when I arrived at three and this was the room they chose to give me because I need to be on ground floor. But I'm sure there were available rooms not just outside the pool. It's a very odd place, possibly on the way to becoming something nice. If you plan to stay here in the near future I suggest you ask a lot of questions before booking a room here.

Room Tip: tell them to keep you away from the pool.
Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Americas Best Value Inn - Arkansas City
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#5 of 5 in Arkansas City

Been to Quality Inn Arkansas City? Share your experiences!