$100
$60
$50
  • Pool
Town House Motel(Arkansas City)
$32
$108
$40
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Winfield)
$66
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $77/night.

Liberty Inn(Winfield)
$55
Motel 6 South Haven(South Haven)
$56
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 28, 2007

1. Beds were as hard as a rock
2. Handles on sink kept coming off
3. Did not give us the proper amount of towels and wash clothes for the number of guests in the room.
4. Toilet was not tight to the floor
5. BBQ Sauce was splattered on bathroom door
6. Need more lighting in the Atrium.
The renovation is a joke Just new carpet and paint is called a renovation? We are going to stay next door, next year we have already
checked it out. They need a better maintenance crew and get softer beds, if the problems mentioned above could be taken care of I would reconsider staying their, but until that I will stay at the SUPER 8 next door, its owned by the same people any way..

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed April 15, 2007

I almost didn't stay here because of some of the poor reviews. I'm glad that I checked it out for myself because it is great! The rooms and public areas are clean and the staff is very professional and also friendly. I came to this area to work out at Strother field and I'm sure that I will always stay at this hotel. Don't believe the negative postings, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank tifferMn
Reviewed July 7, 2006

I had thought I'd stay, just to see if they'd improved any since the terrible experience I had there last time, a couple of years ago. I ended up not checking in and here's why:

1. Very, very dirty glass doors--all four of them. Not a very welcoming sight upon arrival. I don't think the degree of smears and stains could have happened in one or two days.
2. In the lobby, the floor was littered with various bits of trash and paper. Some of it was from a wedding in progress in a banquet room, but others were just trash bits and dust.
3. An employee was standing in front of the front counter with two huge garbage cans that were filthy and awful looking and with a sour smell from the stuff left in it and that dripped on the sides. Very off-putting to even stand near.
4. It was the 4th of July, but I had thought the restaurant would be open at some point. The door was closed, but there was no sign indicating holiday hours, and no one knew if it would be open or not. One employee said, "A lot of people have asked."
5. The pool was obviously in order because the yelling and screaming was so loud the people talking to me had to raise their voices to be heard over it.
6. I went into the lobby bathroom, since that had been particularly worn looking last time. This time it looked better, painted and new tile. But the large mirror over the sinks were streaked from top to bottom, all across, as though they had been sprayed with a cleaner but not wiped down. It was generally clean, though littered with paper and with water on the floor.
7. I saw someone in the parking lot and asked him if he was staying there and what the rooms were like. He said, "There are several of us here. My room is OK. Some of the others haven't been impressed, but one guy likes his a lot. I think they're a lot better than they used to be. But for some reason this place can't seem to keep the nooks and crannies clean looking."

I decided not to risk it, and checked in at the Super Eight across the way. It is owned by the same corporation in India that owns the Regency. The managers are from India as well. I understand they also own the new Comfort Inn in Ponca City, as well as others. I don't know how long this ownership has been in place, but since the Colonial/Super Eight opened, it's always been better maintained than the Regency. The counter people seem more businesslike most of the time, as well--although sadly, there must not be a stellar group of applicants, since some of them do leave a lot to be desired in appearance. They are friendly though.

I found out that the two motels have different managers. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. All I know is I stayed at the Super Eight and was happy with it. It has a breakfast with fresh waffles and the usual cereals, rolls, and my favorite, English muffins.

If the rooms at the Regency are clean and nice looking now---though they'd have to come a long, long way to be that--I'd like to see the place succeed. But they need additional training for staff, as well as constant supervision about the things that set a nice hotel apart from a shoddy one. For one thing, two people, doing nothing at a counter, could certainly pick up trash from the floor and keep things tidy in the public areas. And never should greasy, dirty, smelly garbage cans be sitting in front of the check-in counter!

Incidentally, for two days a small truck was pulled up next to the Regency and taking mattresses and furniture out of the hotel, but padding and stacking them as though moving them to someplace else. So, perhaps renovation is still ongoing. And perhaps one of the other motels they own is getting the old stuff!

If I decide to try checking in next time, I'll ask to see a room first, to determine cleanliness as well as location in relation to the pool. Many times customers don't think to do that, but it is perfectly acceptable, particularly when there have been so many problems in the past.

I hope this was helpful!

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank TravelingTrainer
A TripAdvisor Member
new mexico
Reviewed June 26, 2006

We stayed here for a reunion had several rooms booked,Rooms were double books (walked in on people did not know), Rooms not cleaned during stay.Ceiling fell in shower no accomadations made ,had to tell staff several times finally at 10:00/11:00 at nite was moved AGAIN to another room.Manager unhelpful and very rude when complaints brought to his attention! Would rather sleep in the park before staying their again.

• Stayed: June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Paola KS
Reviewed May 5, 2006

Some say they like this hotel. If you like dirty rooms and rude clerks....be sure to stay here.

Yuck Yuck Yuck. Remodel is a joke. If you read other reviews I'm not sure where these people stayed, it's not the same hotel we stayed at in 2006. The Regency? Yeah right. Joke's on them.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business