“Wonderful”
Review of Hotel L'Auberge

Hotel L'Auberge
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Punta del Este
Reviewed December 5, 2011

A wonderful and charming small hotel in Punta, with personalized service, a great tea service (do not miss the waffles with dulce de leche or cream) and one of the best Uruguayan barbecues.
Even the location is good: in the middle of a quiet and beautiful neighborhood, not so distant from downtown and with easy access to all the city.
Stayed there for a week and left thinking about the return

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank AlexPira
LAuberge, Owner at Hotel L'Auberge, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Alex,

Thanks for your nice review about L'Auberge !

We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay, and most important, that you left thinking about your return...

We will be looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Ignacio Carrera
Owner

There are newer reviews for Hotel L'Auberge

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We’ve chosen this hotel because of the nice reviews we saw here. It was a little far from restaurants and downtown (about 10 minutes by car), but in a beautiful place. Our room was in the tower. It was small and cozy, but I don’t think it worth the value we paid. The bathroom was very simple. But what really bothered me was the mattress that bounced a lot at any movement we made. The room was also a little noisy in the morning, but maybe because we stayed on first floor. So, if you choose this hotel, I definitely recommend you to pay more to have a higher room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jadmonteiro
LAuberge, Owner at Hotel L'Auberge, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Hi Mr. Monteiro, and thank you for your review.
Your comments are of paramount importance to us, as they keep us updated of guests needs and suggestions.
We strive to offer a top notch service at every level, so we apologize for the inconvenience.
We have already taken actions to improve the bed in this room and are also reviewing the rest of the rooms.
We thank you again for your valuable feedback, and look forward to seeing you again at L'Auberge soon!
Kind regards,
Lic. Ignacio Carrera
Hotel L'Auberge.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed here one night before moving to Conrad for our next 5 nights since the Conrad was sold out, and we loved this small hotel. It is a few blocks from the Atlantic side of Punta and feels like it's in the French countryside. our room was in the tower and small but very cozy. The breakfast was much better than large hotel typical brekfasts, lunch by the pool was outstanding and afternoon tea is not to be missed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My wife likes the casino so we generally stay at the Conrad, but personally I would prefer to stay here. The hotel is actually about a 3 minute drive to the casino.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank blubs99
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Condé Nast considers this hotel the best in South America a year ago. When we arrived I understand why. The Receptionist introduce us to the staff and explained us they will do everything in order we stay comfortable in the hotel. That was a rare and unexpected kindness. We chose a small but very comfortable room in the tower with a very personalized decoration. The gardens and all the hotel is really beautiful remembering an English manor. The swimming pool is beatiful.The fire place was cosy. The breakfast was good.
Awesome place

Room Tip: If you can afford a suite in the water tower higher floors, I´m sure it will be a good choice. But I...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Luiz44
Reviewed August 8, 2011

When choosing the hotel to stay in Punta Del Este - a friend recommended me this place and I could not have asked for a better place to stay.

The staff was fantastic and very friendly, the place was super charming, in a great location more private yet close to the city center, the tea salon and kitchen were great while the food was delicious. Honestly I could not have asked for a better place.

I did not tell them I was staying for my birthday, yet they realized it and brought me a bottle of champagne and a hand written card thanking me for staying there on my birthday. Ive stayed at many 5star places and never had such personable service.

Was a wonderful experience in every way. Every time I return there I will only stay at that hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank chriscapre
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This Hotel is just amaizing. The rooms are confortable and very clean, and the bathroom is something else, with a hottube. The details make this hotel diferent and charming. I stayed in the tower, in the simplyest room. I only point that the bed is small, so if you can afford, get a higher room.
Breakfast is also very goog, with everthing fresh and served simpatic ladies, like gradmother.

Room Tip: Get a superior room!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank loucoportrip
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Really enjoyed my stay. Booked a delux room, but was upgraded to junior suite without asking for it and with no additional charge. I also was alloowed to stay in the room after the chekout time with no charge (my bus was late in the evening). The staff is friendly and efficient. The rooms are adorable.

The only downside - breackfast - was very basic.. One expects a bit more from the 5 star.. but it didn't spoil my impression at all - highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo