“A Sunset Wine Tour To Remember”

The Wine Experience
Book In Advance
$179.99*
Small Group Tour: Sunset Wine Tour from Punta del Este
$249.99*
and up
Small Group Tour: Gourmet Wine Experience from Punta del Este with 3-Course...
$169.99*
Jose Ignacio Sunset Wine Experience from Punta del Este
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wine Experience will be offering Wine Tours in Punta del Este & Jose Ignacio that includes: All Transfers, Private Expert Guide & Sommelier, Gourmet Lunches, Romantic Sunset Dinners, Visit to 2 Wineries with and without lunch, Horse Riding, Sunset Tastings at Playa Vik guided by your very own sommelier and tasting wines from his private collection, opportunity to meet the Owner & Winemakers face to face. Even if you don't like wine, you will see breathtaking scenery, unrivalled beaches and the very best of Punta del Este in 1 day. You will be guided by a "wine expert", who will welcome you like an "old friend". Please click on the website for further details, or contact Ryan via the email form. We know you work hard - some come and join us - you deserve it!
Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A Sunset Wine Tour To Remember”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We first met WIne Experience Owner Ryan Hamilton when he picked us up at our hotel. He whisked us off to the first winery established in the Punta Del Este area, Alto de la Ballena, Ryan is a great host, easy conversationalist, and knowledgeable wine guide. He introduced to Paula, the vineyard proprietor. The two guided us thru a wonderful tasting in a very scenic overlook above the vineyards.

Next we were off to Playa Vik, and got a tour of that breathtaking property in Jose Ignacio, overlooking the sea. Ryan treated us to a tasting of his personal wine collection, while we noshed and looked out over the infinity pool at the sunset.

This is a private setting you will never see unless you pony up the very substantial hotel tariff. And Ryan's hospitality and wine knowledge is a joy to experience, in such beautiful surroundings. For anyone visiting Jose Ignacio, La Barra, or Punta del Este who has any interest in wine at all, this is a tour you should absolutely not miss.

Visited November 2013
Wine7Guy7, Owner at The Wine Experience, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hola M:

I loved taking you on 2 tours in Uy. It was a real pleasure. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It's really appreciated. Hopefully, I can taste some of those wines you got tucked away :)

Note: If all goes well, I will be starting that wine shipping service next year to 40 states. Will keep you posted. If you are going to Napa or Sonoma; please let me know.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Wine Experience in Uruguay”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Ryan's Wine Experience was the highlight of my trip to Uruguay. He's a very knowledgable guide and an enjoyable person to spend the day with while learning about Uruguay wines. Ryan was also very helpful in pointing us to great restaurants during our visit and helped us coordinate our trip. If you are planning a trip to Uruguay and enjoy wine add Ryan's Wine Experience to the top of things to do while in Uruguay.

Visited November 2013
Hola S:

We started Punta with a bang, then ended up doing another Aeventure in Montevideo. From my side: TWE is really like catching up with old friends and this was defintely the case. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am planning on shipping wines to the US, so will be sure to keep you posted. Should be up and running next year.

WILLISTON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mad Dog 20/20 it was NOT!!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

First and foremost, Uruguay was delightful. I just love the country and I felt very welcomed by the locals during my stay. A trip to Uruguay would not be complete unless you have spent a 1/2 day with Ryan Hamilton. The wine tour was fabulous and Ryan is well connected. We experienced parts of Uruguay we would not have seen without Ryan's lead. The wine tour rates in our top 3 experiences while on vacation in Uruguay. I'm not quite sure what the tour cost our party of 4 as my sister paid the fare. I'm here to tell you, it was worth the fare.

Visited October 2013
Hola B:

I had a great time showing you the best of Punta. It was loads of fun. Thoroughly enjoyed. I am sure you will be back very soon. Thanks again for sharing your experiences with the TA community.

New York City, New York
“The highlight of our honeymoon!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Ryan, was a pleasure to work with answering all of my questions since I had never visited Uruaguay and then from the moment he picked us up at our hotel we hit it off. Ryan, took us a car ride along the coast of Punta del Este and we were able to see all of the charming towns in the area. We rode horses in Estancia Vik and then went for lunch at Playa Vik that had the most breathtaking views and we had the whole place to ourselves. We had an amazing lunch, wine, bread, fish, steak and even dessert! It is definitely one of the best meals I have had. My husband and I were blown away by Ryan's knowledge of wine but also his gregarious personality. It felt like we were visiting an old friend! He suggested a couple of restaurants we could go to and then took us wine tasting in a private vineyard, where we found 2 great wines that we just had to buy! Then sadly the day was over but we loved Ryan so much we had dinner the next night! Thank you Ryan for your time and knowledge, this was truly a great experience for us and we will definitely be back soon!

Visited October 2013
Hola K:

Let's start and say that friends for life were made on this Adventure. It was a real pleasure taking you both on your honeymoon and showing you the best of Punta. Thank you for writing a review. It's greatly appreciated.

I am sure you'll be back soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“The Wine Experience Does Not Disappoint!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My impression of Ryan Hamilton, owner of The Wine Experience, was positive from the start. His response to my initial inquiry was prompt, and his attitude was enthusiastic. No such thing as a stupid question.

Our situation in arranging the day long excursion was a little tricky because we were on a Celebrity Cruise and had only about 10 hours to spend in the port of Punta del Este. Timing with a non-ship sponsored excursion can be dicey, and we have had some near misses with private tours on cruises in the past. Ryan was sensitive to our concerns.

He met us a little later than arranged when we arrived in port, but he kept us posted by cellphone so we wouldn't be concerned. Ryan is an excellent communicator.

Our first stop on the day long wine tour was Bodega Alto de la Ballena, where we met, toured and tasted wine with owner Paul Pivel. She was gracious, knowledgeable and accommodating. Since we are in the wine business, we expected a more in-depth experience, and this is what we received.

After our relaxed, hospitable visit at Alto de la Ballena, we headed for Narbona Farms where we enjoyed a private wine tasting and delicious lunch. Ryan was ever the host, running interference, making sure things ran smoothly so we would have a memorable afternoon and be back to our ship in plenty of time.

Ryan Hamilton's Wine Experience is a good value. Ryan required a deposit in advance and final payment was not due until the end of the tour. He delivered what he promised with enthusiasm and good humor. He is also quite wine savvy, by the way, having worked on the Seabourne Cruise Line as Head Sommelier.

This guy is in the right business, and we hope he will stay in it for a long time to come.

Visited January 2013
Hola C:

What a pleasure in was taking you all on an Adventure in Punta del Este. Thank you kindly for taking time to write a review. Much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Montevideo.

Don't forget: I offer wine tours all over the world.

Thanks a mil.,