“Mad Dog 20/20 it was NOT!!!”

The Wine Experience
Book In Advance
$165.00*
Jose Ignacio Sunset Tasting from Punta del Este
$149.99*
Small Group Tour: Wine Tour from Punta del Este
$185.00*
and up
Small Group Tour: Gourmet Wine Experience from Punta del Este with 3-Course...
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wine Experience will be offering Wine Tours in Punta del Este & Jose Ignacio that includes: All Transfers, Private Expert Guide & Sommelier, Gourmet Lunches, Romantic Sunset Dinners, Visit to 2 Wineries with and without lunch, Horse Riding, Sunset Tastings at Playa Vik guided by your very own sommelier and tasting wines from his private collection, opportunity to meet the Owner & Winemakers face to face. Even if you don't like wine, you will see breathtaking scenery, unrivalled beaches and the very best of Punta del Este in 1 day. You will be guided by a "wine expert", who will welcome you like an "old friend". Please click on the website for further details, or contact Ryan via the email form. We know you work hard - some come and join us - you deserve it!
Reviewed November 17, 2013

First and foremost, Uruguay was delightful. I just love the country and I felt very welcomed by the locals during my stay. A trip to Uruguay would not be complete unless you have spent a 1/2 day with Ryan Hamilton. The wine tour was fabulous and Ryan is well connected. We experienced parts of Uruguay we would not have seen without Ryan's lead. The wine tour rates in our top 3 experiences while on vacation in Uruguay. I'm not quite sure what the tour cost our party of 4 as my sister paid the fare. I'm here to tell you, it was worth the fare.

Wine7Guy7, Owner at The Wine Experience, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hola B:

I had a great time showing you the best of Punta. It was loads of fun. Thoroughly enjoyed. I am sure you will be back very soon. Thanks again for sharing your experiences with the TA community.

Thanks a mil,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Ryan, was a pleasure to work with answering all of my questions since I had never visited Uruaguay and then from the moment he picked us up at our hotel we hit it off. Ryan, took us a car ride along the coast of Punta del Este and we were able to see all of the charming towns in the area. We rode horses in Estancia Vik and then went for lunch at Playa Vik that had the most breathtaking views and we had the whole place to ourselves. We had an amazing lunch, wine, bread, fish, steak and even dessert! It is definitely one of the best meals I have had. My husband and I were blown away by Ryan's knowledge of wine but also his gregarious personality. It felt like we were visiting an old friend! He suggested a couple of restaurants we could go to and then took us wine tasting in a private vineyard, where we found 2 great wines that we just had to buy! Then sadly the day was over but we loved Ryan so much we had dinner the next night! Thank you Ryan for your time and knowledge, this was truly a great experience for us and we will definitely be back soon!

Hola K:

Let's start and say that friends for life were made on this Adventure. It was a real pleasure taking you both on your honeymoon and showing you the best of Punta. Thank you for writing a review. It's greatly appreciated.

I am sure you'll be back soon.

Thanks a mil,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My impression of Ryan Hamilton, owner of The Wine Experience, was positive from the start. His response to my initial inquiry was prompt, and his attitude was enthusiastic. No such thing as a stupid question.

Our situation in arranging the day long excursion was a little tricky because we were on a Celebrity Cruise and had only about 10 hours to spend in the port of Punta del Este. Timing with a non-ship sponsored excursion can be dicey, and we have had some near misses with private tours on cruises in the past. Ryan was sensitive to our concerns.

He met us a little later than arranged when we arrived in port, but he kept us posted by cellphone so we wouldn't be concerned. Ryan is an excellent communicator.

Our first stop on the day long wine tour was Bodega Alto de la Ballena, where we met, toured and tasted wine with owner Paul Pivel. She was gracious, knowledgeable and accommodating. Since we are in the wine business, we expected a more in-depth experience, and this is what we received.

After our relaxed, hospitable visit at Alto de la Ballena, we headed for Narbona Farms where we enjoyed a private wine tasting and delicious lunch. Ryan was ever the host, running interference, making sure things ran smoothly so we would have a memorable afternoon and be back to our ship in plenty of time.

Ryan Hamilton's Wine Experience is a good value. Ryan required a deposit in advance and final payment was not due until the end of the tour. He delivered what he promised with enthusiasm and good humor. He is also quite wine savvy, by the way, having worked on the Seabourne Cruise Line as Head Sommelier.

This guy is in the right business, and we hope he will stay in it for a long time to come.

Hola C:

What a pleasure in was taking you all on an Adventure in Punta del Este. Thank you kindly for taking time to write a review. Much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Montevideo.

Don't forget: I offer wine tours all over the world.

Thanks a mil.,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

It was a wonderful experience to meet Ryan in Punta Del Este. Ryan picked us up at the Hotel and made us feel like old friends. The landscape is beautiful and we'd love to meet people of Uruguay which is one of the objective of the visit. All that we tasted is very good. Last but not least, all the tips that Ryan gave to us about places to go in Punta Del Este and Jose Ignacio were like Mastercard says "priceless". Thank You Ryan !

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I were able to join one of Ryan's tours at the last minute and, while we were sorry one couple had to cancel because of illness, we were certainly glad that we had the opportunity to experience the "real" Uruguay with Ryan. First, we visited a small, female-run winery which gave us the opportunity to not only hear about her experiences in the male-dominated wine-making business, but also see the terra firma where her grapes are grown. Our second stop was lunch at one of the Vik properties right on the beach. Fantastic wines, lovely location and great food. We had such a relaxing day that we wished we could do it again the next.

Wine7Guy7, Owner at The Wine Experience, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Greetings from Punta del Este:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I am super stoked you had a wonderful time. Nothing beats a beautiful sunset with delicious wines in Jose Ignacio. I look forward to welcoming you back to Punta del Este or in Montevideo !!

Big hugs,