“An absolute must do when in Uruguay!”

The Wine Experience
Book In Advance
More Info
$179.99*
and up
Small Group Tour: Sunset Wine Tour from Punta del Este
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wine Experience will be offering Wine Tours in Punta del Este & Jose Ignacio that includes: All Transfers, Private Expert Guide & Sommelier, Gourmet Lunches, Romantic Sunset Dinners, Visit to 2 Wineries with and without lunch, Horse Riding, Sunset Tastings at Playa Vik guided by your very own sommelier and tasting wines from his private collection, opportunity to meet the Owner & Winemakers face to face. Even if you don't like wine, you will see breathtaking scenery, unrivalled beaches and the very best of Punta del Este in 1 day. You will be guided by a "wine expert", who will welcome you like an "old friend". Please click on the website for further details, or contact Ryan via the email form. We know you work hard - some come and join us - you deserve it!
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
“An absolute must do when in Uruguay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My fiance and I were staying at L'Auberge in Punta del Este and we wanted to take a little excursion to check out some wineries in Uruguay. We're were very happy we did as the entire experience was wonderful! Ryan is quite knowledgeable when it comes to wine and teaches you how to taste like the pros (master sommeliers). Very nice touch I thought. The two wineries we saw were very special and the opportunity to see some of the countryside was much appreciated during our short stay in Uruguay.

I absolutely recommend connecting with Ryan anytime in Uruguay! The tour was of course phenomenal, and on top of it he's been very helpful with tips in Buenos Aires as well. Sign up and enjoy.

Visited March 2013
Wine7Guy7, Owner at The Wine Experience, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Hola Joe:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I can still remember our day very clearly. Nothing like tasting delicious wines at sunset with new friends. I look forward to welcoming you back to Punta del Este or in Montevideo !!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful tour given by a terrific host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband surprised me with a wine tour and a romantic dinner at Playa Vik. Ryan Hamilton, our guide, was the perfect person to introduce us to the hidden attractions of Jose Ignacio. We will definitely take a tour with him when we return to Uruguay. A great way to experience the beautiful beach towns.

Visited March 2013
Greetings from Punta del Este:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I am super stoked we were able to surprise you with a Romantic Sunset Dinner with delicious wines. Priceless. I look forward to welcoming you back to Punta del Este or in Montevideo !!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mr. Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband Paul and I were lucky enough to find Ryan online months before we headed down to Uruguay. I explained to Ryan that it was our honeymoon and I wanted a few unique activities that we would remember for a lifetime. Ryan asked us a few questions and immediately began planning what I can now say after the fact was one of the most spectacular experiences that we have ever had. The wine tours were so detailed, the sunset dinners were magnificent, the bbq's were second to none and we truly enjoyed Uruguay through the eyes of a local.

Ryan was happy to share his knowledge on the area and obviously the wine but more importantly, he made us feel like we flew in to visit old friends.

I would absolutely recommend the Wine Experience for an incredible adventure of food, scenery, vino and laughs. We can't wait to bring our friends down next time and meet up with our new friend Ryan.

Hola Erin & Paul:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I thoroughly enjoyed our tours in Montevideo & Punta del Este. New life-long friendships were made and what a treat is was taking you round on your honeymoon... which was extended :)

Santiago, Chile
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Uruguayan Wine Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I enjoyed two wine tours with Ryan, one around Punte del Este, and one in Canelones. Ryan has great relationships with the wineries which makes the tours very personable and relaxed, and being able to watch the sunset while wine tasting at Playa Vik was a privilege. As I was travelling alone, Ryan was very accommodating in letting me join up with other groups, once he´d checked with them that they didn´t mind the extra company. I met some lovely people, and enjoyed some greatl Uruguayan wines and local produce.

Hola K:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. Both tours seemed like just the other day. It was a lot of fun and you were a delight. I look forward to welcoming you back to Punta del Este or in Montevideo !!

Seattle, Washington
“Awesome wine and country tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We found Ryan on Tripadvisor, he was rated the number one thing to do in Punte del Este. We contacted him in the morning and by afternoon we were on the sunset wine tour. I do believe his tour is one of the best things to do in Uruguay. The awesome wines, wineries and it is pretty darn hard to beat a sunset while hanging out at the Vik. I would do the tour even if I didn't drink wine. Thanks Ryan.

Greetings from Punta del Este:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review and taking some great shots. I look forward to welcoming you back to Punta del Este or in Montevideo !!