“Terribly disappointed!”

La Milonguera
Ranked #37 of 249 Restaurants in Punta del Este
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional Grill and homemadefood.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terribly disappointed!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We chose this restaurant due to the review here on Trip Advisor. We arrived early at 9:30pm and were one of only two tables in the place. We ordered the chicken and steak dishes; both were anemic and had no flavor. The chicken especially had no taste was served cold. The steak was more of a thin beef rib and was also served cold; and we are currently in their summer season! We were expecting an amazing meal but were terribly disappointed. If you are accustomed to amazing steaks or meat dishes like at La Cabrera in Buenos Aires, do not waste your time here.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jere R

San Francisco, California
“Cozy authentic parrilla with great vibe and food.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We arrived in PDE on new years eve. We had no hotel, no dinner reservations and it was pouring rain when we arrived. After finding a hotel, we found out about Asado Y Mionga from trip advisor and even though we didn't have a reservation for their special all inclusive new years eve dinner they arranged a special table for the four of us ( two couples). The food is very well seasoned and the portions are sizable. The dinner ran $75 per person which included a delicious family style appetizer of grilled chorizo and blood sausages, follow by a main and dessert. Wine was also included and we were surprised to find out it was unlimited. We were pleasantly surprised. I ordered the pork for my main and all three other guests ordered the bife de chorizo. Off all the steak we tasted between BA and PDE this place has the best seasoned meat. The only issue we had was getting medium to well cooked meat when we wanted medium rare. But to be fair this was also an issue all over BA and Uruguay. Over all we highly recommend it and we will never forget spending the new year there.

• Visited January 2013
Albuquerque, NM
“Surprisingly refined”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant after reading the great reviews. It definitely lived up to the hype. We arrived early (9:30) and got a great table up front. The small room filled up around 10:30. The food was excellent, especially the morcilla dulce. It was also surprisingly refined for a parrilla. My only complaint was that I order my steak medium and it came out very rare. Of course I just ate what I could instead of trying to complain in broken Spanish, so that's my fault. The lamb is highly recommended.

Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
“Best Parrilla ever”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This parrilla offers the perfect balance between simplicity and amazing food. You can tell that Fabrizio, the parrillero and owner loves cooking and does it with passion, resulting in heavenly made meat.

I'm looking forward to tasting again that cooked to perfection entraña, I had the last time I went to Uruguay. It wouldn't be fair to forget about the great Uruguayan tannat that Fabrizio recommended, that perfectly maridated the meat.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect meal!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went to this fantastic restaurant for my last meal in Uruguay - when I told the chef and owner, they pulled out all the stops and crafted an absolutely perfect meal for me. I had the picaña steak (like the end of the top sirloin) grilled rare. Absolutely heavenly - it could not have been grilled more perfectly. Along with a glass of Uruguayan Tannat red wine, it was a perfect meal. On top of that, the guys working there were warm and welcoming, and clearly had a lot of pride in their restaurant. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012