After traveling around in South America for 3 months I went to Punta del Este to enjoy some relaxed days - it turned out that the La Lomita del Chingolo was the perfect place one can imagine for this purpose.
The hostel is located a bit out of the hustle & bustle of the center in a calm, green area just a 10min walk away from the beach (with great waves to surf or have fun jumping into). It's true that you have to take some time to get into the center but it's absolutely worth it if you want to charge your batteries. The house itself has everything you need: a fully equiped kitchen for cooking your own food (to save money), great common areas to relax in the garden (on a sofa under trees), good wifi connection, Surfboards and Bikes for rent, Bodyboards and an umbrella to take to the beach for free...
Like already mentioned the breakfast is also great: fruitsalad, cereals, cake, sandwich, tea, coffe and juice let you have a good start. In the end I stayed more than a week, got some work done, enjoyed 2 tasty asados (10$ each) in the garden, got some decent sleep and catched some waves at the beach.
As it's a guesthouse you stay together with the family who is running the place - they are good hosts and pretty relaxed. Moreover you can ask for tips on what to do and how to get around in Punta
The only downside: if you really want to go out you have to pay a taxi which is not that cheap - if you can share it with more people it's still an option. But be prepared: Punta is one of the most expensive places in high season!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We Have 6 Private Bedrooms With Private Bathroomkitchen Facilities, Free Wi Fi An Computer,great Breakfastbbq Area, Lots Of Space For Chill Out, Cable Tv,surfboards,etc,we Are Just 8 Bloks From One Of The Best Beaches, San Rafael 12 Beach,only 25 Minutes Away Walking From Punta City,and Just 6 Blocks From Punta Shopping, And 14 From Conrad Casino,sourranded By Mansions, Best Restourants,gardens And Birdsenjoy, Relax,have Fun And Make Friends ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your La Lomita del Chingolo B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Lomita Del Chingolo Hotel Punta Del Este
- La Lomita Del Chingolo Bed And Breakfast