“Nice salad bar, good wine, good fish,”
Review of Las Brisas

Las Brisas
Ranked #61 of 280 Restaurants in Punta del Este
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was the first dinner out for us in Punta. We didn't get the late night thing for a while, so we were the first in the dining room at 6:30 or 7pm. The staff was very friendly, and we had a nice wine, I loved the salad bar and my companion had a lovely plate of well cooked fish. As I said, it was our first dinner, and we discovered over 6 weeks that the bar was indeed low throughout the area, and did not ever do much better than that plate of fish and salad. It is the closest thing to an international expectation of an acceptable and basic meal. I rate it very good as our service was flawless, even if we were so early.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I went to conrad trough visa luxury hotels collection program, so we has complimentary continental breakfast. The selection of fruits was very good, the ambient was cozy, with a great view of the ocean.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Amazing place, the best food in punta and the best relationship cost and benefit you will ever find in punta. Ask for the "picaña" one of the best option! Enjoy!!!!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Great place to have a fantastic dinner! The only negative point is the stuff is a little confused about the menu!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

For a North American visitor, this restaurant is difficult to categorize, so give more weight to the description that follows than to the number of circles I awarded. To start, this is one of the more upscale restaurants at which I dined during my stay in Punta. Having said that, you need to set your expectations low. Much of what you’ll be paying for is ambiance rather than food quality. I ordered the dish that had been translated on the menu as "rib steak,” but this piece of beef never saw a rib in its life. I used to work as a butcher's assistant and know my way around a cow, and what I got appeared to be sirloin. I think this was more a matter of poor translation rather than a deliberate intent to deceive, since the English-language descriptions contained a number of discrepancies and inconsistencies. This wasn't a juicy tender steak that you would get at a top of the line American restaurant, like Smith & Wollensky. Instead, it was more like what you would get at Applebee’s or Denny's: an ordinary piece of USDA Choice that you could buy in any supermarket and grill just as well yourself. Similarly, the swordfish steak had the somewhat dry consistency and texture of a frozen, not fresh, piece of fish. The food was otherwise well prepared, but the quality of ingredients the chef had to work with limited the overall quality of the meal. All dishes are a la carte, so if you want vegetables and potatoes, you'll need to pay US$8 for each. Soup or salad is US$12, a cocktail US$12 and wine starts at US$20. Main course prices vary from breaded chicken cutlet (US$31) to seafood medley (US$52). The wait staff doesn’t speak English, but will find a hotel employee who can take your order. Food quality aside, the dining room is modern and upscale. Perhaps the best reason to go there is for the view: get there in the early evening and snare a table by the window, then watch the fantastic sunset over Isla Gorrita.