“So last season”

Ranked #14 of 255 Restaurants in Punta del Este
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The restaurant has a spectacular view, a good location and a stream of tourists coming to this resort. That's when you get lazy and just enjoy the money machine.

This restaurant could not survive in a normal city with competition; it reaks the cozy self conceited attitude with little or no creativity: the food is as it was in Europe in the 60s.

Yes, you can eat it, it's even good but not what one expects today and not at these prices. Why don't you consider the sale of the restaurant to a young, ambitious chef who makes something out of this place.. after all the location has a huge potential in the hands of a young chef.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

While I normally don't write reviews (positive or negative) I am compelled to share my experience here today. It's only being shared due to public health reasons. I'm sure any reader can understand that (the most positive person and even the most skeptical ones too!).

So I went to this place with a friend of mine on a Sunday afternoon in July... and we initally were going to order Sushi, but they waiter told us that it wasn't a viable option (no Sushi until the night time...) so we decided ok... Let's order some meat and potatoes mash... can't mess that up, right? So when it came (it did come relatively quickly). So we're talking and eating, and suddenly... I feel something in my mouth... so I take it out... and guess what? It was a 2.5cm by maybe 1/2 or 1cm wide piece of glass (from a broken wine glass). Wonderful huh? So we ask the waiter to change it etc... so that's all good (not really wanting to eat after that). I said, alright... no problem... so asked for the bill... so we got charged for the food...

I don't like to complain so I didn't say much at the time, but... thinking back on it... what happens if it was a small child... or perhaps an elderly person... imagine the problems it could have caused if you swollen that and didn't have insurance because your on holiday or w/e?

Anyways, I dont like to say negative things, but it's really a public message just for the fact that It could have turned out really badly for client of this establishment... certainly would have been hospitalized and had to be operated on (no way that would have come out by its own).

1  Thank lnxcode
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Virazon for years, to enjoy the sunset and a good pitcher of clericot. The rest of the menu is very good also. For instance the paella is wonderful with mussels and fish from local waters. Service is excellent, and their new location affords a second floor balcony view of the sunset.

1  Thank Charlie D
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Too expensive for the quality of food and service. There are certainly better places to eat in Punta. The view is really nice, but that is all there is. Go there and maybe have a drink only.

1  Thank julianowick
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a good restaurant right on the water. It offers casual dining and entertainment on the patio. A good place from which to watch the sunset. Good value for your money. Pat C Canada

1  Thank PatC499248