“great place to grab a drink”
Review of Moby Dick Pub

Moby Dick Pub
Ranked #15 of 248 Restaurants in Punta del Este
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Moby Dick is a magical and unique spot in Punta del Este. It has a soul like no other. Upon entering you will feel a mystical air that envelopes you with, outdoor terrasses overlooking the port, and friendly and vibrant people dancing the night away to the most acclaimed beats at the entrance.As you slip through the jubilant crowd and head towards either of the floors and rooms of pub´s decor, you will be immediately pleased by the friendly service, food & drink varieties of this enticing open cottage Moby Dick was created as a meeting point for those who are willing to have a good time, in a warm and relaxed atmosphere.It is the music that will define the first part of the relaxing day from 10am onward, reshaping itself to accomodate a warm ideal mood to share dinner or cocktails with friends with live music, then transforming the atmosphere to make way for our resident DJ who will have you dancing until sunrise.We are open every day
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Moby Dick is one of the only drinking establishments to be open all year round. The Patricia is great and so is the wait staff the atmosphere depends on the night, but it is always a good pub to grab a beverage on any night.

There are newer reviews for Moby Dick Pub

Reviewed September 4, 2013

While the ambiance may be different in winter with not even close as many people around as in summer, I do not think that the food would be. I went there because a) I had heard of it and b) I was hungry at a time (18h) when most locals would not necessarily think of having dinner and it was open. While the service was friendly and efficient, the rest was rather disappointing. Apart from two other people, I was the only guest at the beginning with some more coming later. Yet despite almost zero patronage, it took them about half an hour to have my food ready. And what I got was nothing to write home about. It filled my stomach but was rather nondescript, and considering what I had to pay well overpriced. Having drinks and partying there, may be fine but I suggest to fix your hunger somewhere else.
PS: I did not say anything in situ because a) my command of Spanish would not have been sufficient and b) experience has taught me that places that fare well during peak times and rake in the money rarely listen to what guests have to say when business is slower.

3  Thank Eimaer
Tomas P, Public Relations Manager at Moby Dick Pub, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hi Eimar,

Thanks for your quick review. I`glad to hear you spend a good time having some drinks and dancing in our place. Moby Dick is well known for being a meeting point for those who are willing to have a good time, in a warm and relaxed atmosphere.

In the other hand I feel sorry to hear your experience lead you to think your feedback its not important.

Moby Dick its not fare well during peak, its a classic in Punta del Este since 1991, due to its constant commitment to improve its quality based on our clients reviews and needs.

I hope you can visit the South again sometime.

Bests

Reviewed June 1, 2013

As the title says, Moby Dick Pub is like Los Dedos, if you haven´t been there is because you weren´t in Punta del Este.
It's the best pub in Punta, the only place that always has people at night, even in winter.
Good food and a greater variety of whiskey in Uruguay!
A UST PLACE!!!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Moby Dick is a classic pub in the marina area of Punta del Este. If you want to get a drink or eat or both you can go there and you will have a very friendly experience.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Came here to eat in afternoon.Did not have to wait long for service,but had to ask for menu.I had today special it was fish with fries it had good taste and the dish was not to small,dish came fast to table.Had a beer with that and it was good but overpriced.tables where both inside and outside,we choose to sit outside,it was pleasant to sit in the shadow and the chairs where comfortable,had a view over the harbour.Atmosphere was like beeing in the pub fishermen relax after being out to the dangerous sea.it is not a quiet place ,music from loudspeakers.Best:todays special good size dish Worst:asked for doggy bag did not get it.

Tomas P, Public Relations Manager at Moby Dick Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoy your experience here. about our executive/tourist menu, that was the one you ask for, you wont find any restaurant in PDE that can compete against the price/quality relation we offer.
Hope you visit us again soon
Kind regards