All reviews nice hotel the perfect place to stay corniche beach roof top swimming pool valet parking is rooms are clean short stay room service pool area front office supermarket password armchairs ad
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Nice hotel , very clean and friendly staff .
Except for the restaurant for breakfast hostess bit grumpy but turned her mood to friendly after I made a comment of her being grumpy .
the bed too low and the pillow too hard that the next day I have sever headache.

to sum it up its a nice hotel after all I had a good sleep.

Room tip: Quite place good to relax
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Great location near the public beach on the Corniche, in a quiet area with all the amenities (shops, supermarkets, restaurants), although rather distant from downtown AD (WTC Mall). Helpful staff and housekeeping. Good value for money.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2018

The Oryx hotel is not a top-end hotel but in return you don’t pay a huge amount of money to stay here. And it’s located very conveniently near Corniche Beach.
It’s therefore a very good home base to explore Abu Dhabi.
We left our car in the parking lot of the hotel (valet parking) and used the ADCB Bikeshare service to move around in this part of the city.
The ‘look & feel’ of the hotel was not completely our taste but rooms are clean, spacious and provide everything you need.
The ground floor houses only the reception and this is just a simple desk. It suits the purpose (checking in & out hotel guests) but you will not be blown away by the general atmosphere.
The nicest place of the hotel is the pool area and the adjecent bar / breakfast area. It provides a splendid view over the older part of Abu Dhabi.
Breakfast is OK. As it seems that the hotel is frequently visited by Indian (business) people, the choice of food is a bit inspired to the Indian kitchen, allthough there’s plenty of other food as well.
In summary, an OK hotel when staying in Abu Dhabi at a reasonable price. Nothing more but also nothing less than that.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Upon check in, I was never asked if I wanted a smoking or non-smoking room, yet the customer after me was given the option. Hallway smelled a little smokey but room was fine.
I placed the newspaper request on my door but a newspaper never came.
Concierge needs to hire an addition person. He is at his post less than 50% of the time.
While sitting in the lobby, dirty water came down from the ceiling. There was a repair person fixing something with a ladder at the time.

Loved the standup shower and bathtub. Rarely do mid-level hotel give you that option.
Great breakfast selection. Chicken fingers was even an option. Chocolate croissants (my favorite) usually run out around 9:45AM
Good location. Walking distance to Corniche Beach and a bunch of restuarants
Decent bar within hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2018

I would like to testify that the additional attention received by Sales Director Mr. Abd Ellatif to make my stay not only a pleasure, but something to remember is certainly worth mentioning.
He took, and is taking good care of my requests and offered his helping hand beyond his obligations and duties as per hotel procedure.
As a long-staying guest I know that I am in good hands and for as long as I stay at Oryx Hotel, I am sure I will be enjoying my business stay with holiday feelings.
Many thanks!
Dr. Ralf Bueno dos Santos

Room tip: No Smoking Rooms on 2 Floors
Date of stay: March 2017