“Tropical Setting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trader Vic's

Trader Vic's
Ranked #26 of 2,023 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Bar, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Trader Vic's is a French Polynesian restaurant and bar which specializes in Island cuisine and tropical cocktails in an exotic atmosphere.
Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Tropical Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very good restaurant with an extensive menu. On the night we dined there was a Thai themed special menu. The food was well cooked and very tasty. There is a full bar service also which includes aperitifs, cocktails beers, spirits and wines. The bar area is also very popular with non-diners who come in to enjoy the excellent live music which was of the Samba variety. We would recommend this restaurant for dinner with a difference.

Visited October 2012
Graeme U, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Billytf

Thank you for your recent feedback following your dining experience in Trader Vic's.

The thai promotion we ran for 2 weeks proved to be a very successful event with many positive comments on the same.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Relaxed , casual”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Relaxed place, casual, dont expect to be imprssed in this place, just loads of food and drink and a polynesian decor. It has a nice friendly bar and friendly staff. OK

Visited November 2012
Graeme U, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear AG48

Kuwait
“The same as the other good Trader Vic's in the Gulf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

This TVs has a good lively atmosphere around the bar with several couples dancing around the band area. The restaurant is busy depending on the day of the week and the food as expected. My ham our was excellent.
The only slightly negative point was that people were smoking quite a lot.

• Visited November 2012
Dear ZiadR,

Doha, Qatar
“Interesting and Fun Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

As with all Trader Vics, the decor is crazy. Really interesting things mounted on the walls etc. Also there was a giant cauldron in glassed off area with chefs occassionally stirring something up inside, I dont know what it was but it looked cool though! I ate here twice in one week, the first time the food was amazing, service was excellent and there was some excellent live entertainment: a 4 piece cuban band (beginning at 9.15pm if I recall correctly). The second time the food was still ok but a bit of a let down based on the previous experience, and the service and entertainment was still excellent. Excellent choice of cocktails (I recommend "The Zombie" for rum lovers), wide variety of choice on the menu and its not really that expensive, I would say you get "Value for money". It is also a spot where you could just go hang out for a few drinks as there is a seperate bar with high tables. Worth a visit for sure.

• Visited October 2012
Dear IanO,

It is very nice to read that you enjoyed your meal.

The large cauldron is actually a chinese oven which is used to cook items through a wood fire smoke.This adds a lot of flavour into the product and tenderizes the meat.

Dublin, Ireland
“Drinks at Trader Vic's.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nice outside but smelly and I have been here before but my last trip here was disappointing. I ordered a drink and when it came it tasted lovely, however when I ordered the second drink, it looked and tasted different to the first one. I brought this to the waiter's attention but he just contradicted me and told it was fine. I was unhappy so I called another waiter over to tell him, he didn't have a much better attitude but I told him I could not drink it and to please take it away. He simply walked away and left it on the table. My friends and I then asked for the bill as we wanted to leave. They had the nerve to put both drinks on the bill. I enjoyed the drink and thereore had no problem paying for it, but I certainly was not going to pay for the second one when I could not drink it. The waiter was quite dismissive and advised that I should have brought to their attention immediately, which I duly advised that I had informed bith waiters, none of whom apeeared to want to help me with the situation. Eventually they removed the drink from the bill, we paid up and left. Needless to say that I will not be retuning anytime soon. But Le Meridien itself is nice and the food in the Italian next door is delicious!

Visited October 2012
Dear Sinead M,

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor.

Whilst I was interested to read your comment on your first cocktail it was disappointing to read how my colleagues handled your comment on the second drink.

Over the years our Trader Vic's reputation has been built on it's ability to consistently produce drinks to the exact same standard.It's sad that on this occasion we failed to deliver.

I have spoken to the entire team yesterday as this approach to service is not our usual standard.

Thank you for bringing this point to my attention.