“Make this your Breakfast”
Review of Sofra BLD

Sofra BLD
Ranked #84 of 2,171 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the Shangri-La with a free breakfast deal at Sofra, located at the ground floor of the Hotel. It was the perfect way to start every day there. We'd enter from the riverfront/poolside entrance, and the european guy in the suit who was some kind of restaurant manager would greet us and walk us to our server. The server would seat us, and bring me some of the best and boldest coffee I ever had. That waitress remembered us and our juice/coffee/seating preferences, as well as our room number by the second day. The whole place, from every inch of Marble, to the high ceilings over a huge buffet, had a royal feel. It was awesome.

The photos don't do justice to the food. it was perfect. We did breakfast every day here, and lunch and dinner once. I'd say:do your breakfast here every day, do your lunch poolside, and have dinner at one of the restaurants in the hotel and souk.

1  Thank Evan M

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hubby and I sat on the terrace and enjoyed a wonderful view with faultless service. However the breakfast buffet was , well, very average, nothing special. The prices are typical 5 star hotel prices.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I love this restaurant and the sheer volume of food and choice. It's fabulous for brunch and I particularly like the dessert station. Yum.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went for dinner on new year's day and it was the best buffet I've ever eaten. The dessert buffet was mindblowing, never seen desserts of it's kind before. Salivating as I type just thinking about it :)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was seated an at outside table for lunch with a great view of the Sheikh Zayed Mosque. The buffet offers a wide range of foods from fresh seafood to pizza and cuisines from Japanese to Arabic. All the food is freshly made, including the very good sushi and a wide variety of seafood. The house wine is of a decent standard

Service was polite and reasonably efficient with good pricing. I would visit again without hesitation and for a buffet restaurant it is excellent.