“Sadly average food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Bord Eau
Ranked #142 of 2,021 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bord Eau is the ultimate restaurant for French fine dining in Abu Dhabi. In the setting of a chic dining room that boasts opulent fabrics and furniture, the chef de cuisine prepares seasonal fresh produce flown in from France and serves each dish as an artistic expression. Bord Eau offers a superb a la carte menu and for the ultimate Bord Eau experience, the blind tasting menu is a must. Quiet instrumentals and a warm ambiance complement the rich gastronomy to create an intimate dining experience. To maintain a peaceful environment, children under 12 years old are not permitted in the restaurant.
“Sadly average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the waiting staff were friendly. But I have to say we were both disappointed with the food.
It was our anniversary so we were pushing the boat out. Our starters were unimpressive. But not bad, it was our mains that were disappointing. I had duck which is one of my favorites, sadly when it arrived it was tough and over cooked it had probably been cook correctly but I think it had then been held under the heat lamp for so long that it had carried on cooking making it tough. My husband had fish which came on a huge plate but the portion was small for a main course!! He thought that it tasted as though it had been frozen for a long time. Which affects the texture and flavour. When the waiter came back he asked why we had not finished our portions. I told him the truth which is not like me, he looked I have to say unsurprised. And said he would pass it on to the kitchen.
Maybe because of this or because they new it was our anniversary we got a cake with happy anniversary on it as I gift, which was kind. But we will not be going back too expensive for just average food!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“The best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Everything is perfect. The food is delicious and the service is perfect.
Go there for a great food. The Chef is fantastic.

Visited February 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“French Oasis in the Desert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

A true delight if french fine dining
A la carte has so much to choose from but I have been going there for over 6years and I akways have the taster menu- always a suprise and delicious!

Visited January 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“An amazing representation of French cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

For my brother in law's 30th birthday we took him to Bord-Eau. It was the first time I had visited a French restaurant in the UAE. I had heard many times from acquaintances that this restaurant was something special. Indeed it was. Starting with the warm welcome as soon as you walk into the premises. We were guided to our table by the Maitre. We started with one glass of champagne recommended by the sommelier. When I received the menu and I started reading about the dishes they had, I was somehow taken back in time because some of the ingredients reminded me of my time in France. I ordered the Soup à l'Onion with Comté Cheese and as main course I had la Sole à la Grenobloise which was probably the most tasty fish I had ever eaten in any restaurant in the Middle East. The blend of flavors and the respect it was given to every ingredient was exceptional, allowing you to taste each and every different ingredient used in every dish. Throughout the whole dinner the service and the personnel were outstanding. Definitely a place to come back!

1 Thank Akbar T
“Sublime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

The blind tasting menu with wine pairing is a must-do. This should be on every single Abu Dhabi bucket list. It's no surprise that Alexandre Pernetta is Chef of the Year. His creations are simply sublime and the sommelier made excellent selections. The red accompanying our main course was a full bodied Spanish wine with the most unusual tannic. Can't decide what we enjoyed the most: the food or the wine.
The atmosphere is superb, the staff is discrete yet attentive, and make you feel really really special. This wonderful dining experience is just the thing for a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary.

• Visited December 2012