“Not upto expectation”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This restuarant was in Al Ain Palace hotel before and now shifted to Al Raha Mall. On recommendation from one of our friends, we visited hoping for a good eating.However, the taste didn't suit our liking and also on the costlier side. It is quite far from city and going there just to have food doesn't make much sense. Restaurant is neat and clean.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The food is super delicious, however the service is bad! Long waiting time for both the food and other services you'll need after you place the order!!
I suggest they hire more staff and add a bell for far away tables, we can't wave every minute for them to reach out!!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went here for a late lunch on 2 Dec 2012, with about 10 others from where I work. When we were seated, there appeared to be only one other group (family) in the restaurant, in a private dining both. Other patrons started to show up about 15 to 20 minutes after we had placed our orders, though these later arriving patrons started to receive their food way in advance of anyone our group. At first I thought this might have been because they were trying to bring out all our food at the same time, but this was not the case. Some of our group got their food and were finishing up before others in our group were served their meals. I know that different types of meals take longer than others, but we all pretty much had chicken and rice dishes. When it came to getting the bill for our meals, it was noticed that the restaurant had charged us double for the number of actual pots of tea that we ordered. When the staff was confronted with the apparent error, they seemed reluctant to want to correct it, and only did so after we pushed the issue. To add insult to injury here, the staff did not bring back my change for the payment on my bill. Though the change was under 10 AED, it would have been nice for me to have left a tip instead of the staff just taking it on their own. To sum up our experience, I would have to say the staff at this restaurant seemed to be treating us like tourist that they might not ever see again, and you know what, they probably wont.

I attempted to post this experience on the Abu Dhabi Time Out review section for this restaurant, but I guess they are afraid to post any negative comments. Not sure how this keeps the reading audience advised to what they can actually expect if they were to patronize the restaurant, if they only post the positive experiences. Not only was I disappointed with this restaurant, but I am also disappointed in the Abu Dhabi Time Out reviews.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Had celebrated our marriage anniversary at this place in Le Meridien. The staff and food were both great but seating arrangements are a minus to me.

1  Thank Parvez S
Reviewed July 8, 2011

What a disappointment!! Took ages to get someone to get a drink for us. Then it took even longer to bring two cans of coke which were left for us to open and pour, this in a restaurant that was about 10% full. The food was really tasteless though the rice was perfect. A tv on in the restaurant was not good and added to the poor atmosphere. The total bill was very reasonable but I would rather pay more for atmosphere and good food.

2  Thank BlackPanther4