“That fish was so fresh last night it was swimming in the sea”
Review of Finz

Finz
Ranked #28 of 2,140 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: When you enter our seaside setting, where music, scenery and style mix effortlessly. Take a journey with our chefs through the freshest seafood from coastal waters prepared Mediterranean Style, using flavors from the Moorish influences of North Africa. Sit back, enjoy the smooth musical ambiance, imbibe one of our signature beverages, and let this new style of dining and unwinding become a lifestyle.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a less than superlative meal here on Friday - well frankly what did I expect on the weekend - I ventured back on Monday wanting fish rather than a trip to the Rodeo Grill for Meat.

Monday was oh so different. I forgot to ask for the fish (Sherri also known as Emperor) to be left on the bone. What arrived were two perfectly prepared fillets grilled to perfection, retaining moisture and firmness yet cooked through to the turn. Simply fresh fish well prepared and cooked to perfection. You cannot ask better than that.

If I am not back tomorrow, I am sure I will be on Wednesday - but probably not Friday. Whilst writing this review, my dessert arrived. A raspberry masterpiece topped with a taste bud tantalising sorbet. By tomorrow morning The Louvre will be reporting a stolen work of art. Heck, not sure about waiting till Wednesday, you can't have enough a good thing, perhaps a return tomorrow is in order after all.

Definitely one of my top 5 restaurants in town, and Abu Dhabi is a tough place to shine. Perhaps those who didn't have a good thing to say came on Friday and as to overpriced, 5 star hotel
restaurants aren't renounced for competing with KFC - but try the catch of the day - no need for a starter and it makes for good value.

Fouadhamade, Manager at Finz, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Whynotsky ,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Finz..

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and Food exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable meal all throughout

The Finz team and I look forward to welcoming you back any time, and please do let me know personly once you are in beach Rotana.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The restaurant has no international recognition, neither from Michelin nor from Gault Millau.
The interior is loveley and the outdoor seating even more if the temp. allows it. The staff was friendly but you got the feeling they are very insecure of what they are doing.
My main course was hamour fillet which was grossly overcooked quite in opposition to the sides which were half raw and cold. The wine list was made up, with a few exceptions, of cheap bottles which you get in every supermarket in Europe for 4 EUR but sold here for a couple of hundred AED. All in all we got very little value for an awful lot of money.

Fouadhamade, Manager at Finz, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

It was disappointing to note that you didn't enjoy your meal at Finz.

We do pride ourselves on the services and food that we offer in the hotel and restaurants

I would like to apologize for the fact that we failed to live up to your expectations on this occasion.

You have raised a number of points in your review all of which have been cascaded to the respective Department heads for their follow up.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our party of three, selected a range of dishes from the inventive menu; the amuse bouche was a very nice touch and kept us "amused" until the starters arrived. These were well received, my calamari was cooked in fine tempura-style batter, although accompanied by a fairly forgetable salsa dip. A fresh, zingy sorbet came unannounced and helped us cleanse our pallates in advance of the main course. My seafood mixed grill was a good plate full with a huge prawn, a tuna steak as well as grilled local fish. All nicely cooked, although I would have liked to have been offered the option of choosing how the tuna was cooked, as it arrived far too well done for my taste. The wine list was varied and the Viogneir that we selected was nicely chilled. The overall experience, sitting outside on a pleasant March evening, was enjoyable, but the bill was just simply out of proportion to the food that had been served.

Dear deMerclesden ,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I was asked where did I fancy going for dinner, of the options I had I plumped for fish. Well, when in the Arabian Gulf and all that. I didn't know that my colleague's choice would be Finz, which happened to be at the hotel I was staying at (the Beach Rotana).

The restaurant is located at the end of a jetty by the hotel's Beach Wing, with good views overlooking the sea. We tried for an outside table, as the evening temperature was ideal, but all were taken. As a result, we dined inside - no real problem as the interior is very nice, modern and sophisticated, albeit a little lacking in atmosphere (I guess because most other guests were seated outside).

Food was very good - we shared a calamari and smoked salmon to begin with, where the portions were ample, well presented and tasty. Mains were king prawns and Seafood Ciopinno (a mixed seafood dish in a tasty tomato-based sauce. I'm sure I've spelt this wrong but you'll know what dish I'm referring to when you see the menu). Both were very good, again tasty and good quality.

Service was attentive without being overly pushy.

Would I return? Yes indeed. However, if you fancy a visit yourself, make sure you're not close to your credit card limit as it's not a cheap place. But there again, you get what you pay for.

Dear Richard ,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very nice restaurant predominantly serving fish. The choice available is very good and to such an extent that my wife even thoroughly enjoyed her dinner. The food was excellent and the location and decor is lovely. The restaurant manager Katrina took time to make us feel very welcome and at home.
All in all a very enjoyable dining experience that I would recommend.

Dear Billy,

Your compliments will definitely be shared with Katrina; as such flattering remarks continuously inspire us to do our utmost in everything that we do.