“Great Italian food.”

Prego's
Ranked #110 of 2,238 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Prego's is an Italian restaurant featuring a unique stylish and contemporary design with great use of light, mosaic tiles, open kitchens and natural colours lend it a lively, accessible and friendly atmosphere that is extremely popular with diners.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We ate in here a couple of times on our recetn trip to Abu Dhabi as it is a family favourite. The food is always excellent as is the service.

The inside of the restaurant is nice enough but outside on the terrace is the best place to sit.

The only slight negative here is that if you are not careful there isn't much of a gap left between starters and main courses, so if like me this is something you don't like either stagger your ordering or mention it to the staff.

Fouadhamade, Manager at Prego's, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you again for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Prego's .

Reviewed March 15, 2014

As I live on Reem I've been here a few times so I can safely say that I've seen it at its best, and most recently its worst. A week ago we had dinner with friends and we sat down on the Saturday at 7:30pm. The service this time was really disappointing - normally its, ok. This time we had to keep asking for things as they weren't checking back with us and we had to send my wife's dish back as it was cold. For the money, I expect better. So all in all this place is OK. But for the money you pay its a disappointment ...

Fouadhamade, Manager at Prego's, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologize for the fact that we failed to live up to your expectations on this occasion.

Your feedback has been shared with our Executive Chef and our Director of food and beverage for immediate investigation and action.

The Prego's team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I visit Prego frequently, for a number of reasons: first and foremost, it has a lovely outdoor terrace looking out over the Beach Rotana's beach club area, which is a great place to dine both during the day and in the evenings. Second, it is one of the few restaurants in Abu Dhabi that serves food all the way through the afternoon without a break, so it's a good place to go for a late lunch/early dinner. The menu covers the whole range of Italian options - salads, pizza, pasta, fish meat etc. and it's a pretty child-friendly menu with small portions of pizza and pasta available, so there is something here to please everybody.

Unfortunately the food isn't really one of these reasons; sometimes it's great but quality is just too inconsistent.

On this occasion, as always, our meal began with a giant loaf of bread, served not just with the usual olive oil and balsamic, but also with some a nice dip (which I think is artichoke-based) and a big dish of freshly sliced parmesan.

A pizza margarita for my daughter was delicious, a melanzana alla parmigiana that we shared as a starter was OK but nothing special, while a mushroom risotto was huge but not especially tasty. My main was disappointing - the tenderloin started life as a perfectly respectable piece of steak, but it came cooked well done rather than the medium-rare that I had requested. Not even close, and an unforgiveable way to treat good meat.

The trick at Prego is to stick to the simple menu options. The selection of cold cuts, with which nothing can really go wrong, is always excellent. Pizzas are usually good. Seafood pasta is a favourite, and in fact most of the pasta options I've tried have been good. Soups have always disappointed me, and I don't bother with desserts any more since an attempt to pass off a crème caramel as a crème brulee.

Maybe Prego has been resting on its laurels for too long. Five years ago, if you wanted to eat Italian in Abu Dhabi, you came here - partly because it's such a lovely spot but also because there really weren't many other options. That's no longer the case, and Prego needs to up its game to keep up with more recent competition.

Anyway, back to the more points: Service in Prego is always been excellent with the really friendly staff being attentive without pestering. Finally, it is great value for money - with a Rotana Rewards card, our meal for three with a bottle of water came to just Dh190 (USD50). For that price I'm happy to accept a bit of variability in the cooking, and will keep going back and sticking to the tried and trusted favourites on the menu.

1  Thank Simon W
Fouadhamade, Manager at Prego's, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Indigo.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I highly recommend this restaurant. I had seafood and can honestly say that I was pleasantly surprised. The prices were also quite reasonable for the region.

Fouadhamade, Manager at Prego's, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Prego's.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Ate here once whilst staying at the Rotana Beach. The food was good, not great. Service a little over attentive, sometimes you just want to be left alone to eat your meal in peace without constant top ups for drinks.

Fouadhamade, Manager at Prego's, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Your feedback has been shared with our Director of food and beverage for immediate follow up.