“Best Steak Ever!”
Review of Rodeo Grill

Rodeo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rodeo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,151 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, the new Rodeo Grill sets the standard for today's modern steakhouse. Featuring warm grey timbers that line the walls and floor, creating a contemporary dining experience with global influences.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had last night a Wagyu fillet marbling grade 9... it was simply the best steak Ever!
Juicy.. tender as butter.. and the flavor was : wow!
I had wagyu in other restaurants but this in Rodeo is definitely the best.

We received a complimentary onion soup that was very good.

Last night I just didn't like the creamy spinach.. they were not creamy at all.. but seems more like a "ball of spinach".. something went wrong in the kitchen!?

I ll go back there anyway just for the steak! ( I think the best in town).

Fouadhamade, Manager at Rodeo Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Anna,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Rodeo Grill.

Your feedback has been shared with our Executive Chef and our Director of food and beverage for immediate investigation and action.

The Rodeo Grill team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We are a Rotana Exclusive Reward card holder so during our recent visit to Abu Dhabi we wanted to make use of the 50% discount at the restaurants.

Having read some reviews on trip advisor we were keen to try Rodeo Grill.

Staff made us feel very welcome, helpful and very professional.
We went on a Sunday evening. Restaurant was not busy, we liked the atmosphere and feel of this restaurant.

The menu was all that we had read about and more. We are in total agreement of the other trip advisor posts regarding the outstanding bread & butter! Mum and I both had the lobster bisque to start, packed full of flavour, Delicious. Mum had the 200g fillet steak and I had the surf and turf.

All dishes beautifully presented and tasted divine! Steak was cooked to perfection and my lobster had been removed from the shell as requested. Mums main came with mash potato and seasonal vegetables. My mains came with saffron potatoes. The portions are on the large size (or perhaps we had eaten to much yummy bread)! Despite being full to bursting, we discovered we would need to allow a 30 minute wait for the "signature" chocolate soufflé dessert, how could we refuse. Worth the wait, by far the best dessert we had during our entire trip.

Note: allow space for desert

The discount card was nice to use here, but we both felt the food was worth the full prices.

We look forward to a return visit in 2014

Lee-Ann & Pat Sallis

Fouadhamade, Manager at Rodeo Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Lee-Ann & Pat ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review on trip advisor following your Meal at Rodeo Grill.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Rodeo Grill has the best steak available in Abu Dhabi - matches and beats any other steak house in the world. Staff are very attentive and happy to engage in conversation. Location in the Beach Rotana is very central, and, as already commented, a very satisfying menu.

Dear Neal,

Once again, thank you for your flattering comments, I am glad to that we are able to live up to your expectations in all our outlets.

Thank you for your honest review of Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon among us.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

First of all we went there for lunch me and a family member , so there was only two of us. We ordered 1 steak 1 beef fillet and 3 mini-side dishes and two medium sized bottles of sparkling water.

The total cost was almost AED1700 AED !

Yes , very expensive , but the food and the meat quality was fresh and very very very very good. I would eat at easy and not worry about how good it is since I am known to be a very picky food critic.

First of all , the meat: I asked for well done , and it was WELL DONE! Not overly cooked , not overly minced , not overly drowned in sauce to cover up the dryness of overcooking ...it was PERFECT.

Second of all , the Sauces : the sauce that was all over the meat was mouth watering and actually added texture and very fine taste while keeping the originality of the fillet.

Lastly , the side dishes: the side dished were very very small , literally there were 3 French fried potatoes and just one round of potato wedges. But it was good non the less.

If you are going there for quality , its great, but do not wait for more in terms of quality. They are very keen on giving you as little as possible.

The staff is a bit annoying though, It was when I asked about if they had any 'burgers' and the waiter just grumpily in a very stubborn said " Maam , this is a fine dinning place , we don't serve burgers." I would have rudely replied back , if I was not looking for good food I wouldn't be here paying almost $200 for a beef fillet. Plus , burger-making takes also huge amount of skill , if it was not for burgers, may chains of 'good & fine " food wouldn't be here.

I can not believe that he looks down on burgers!

Do not bother with the complementary bread and butter btw, the butter is everlasting heavy and melted with AD heat ,,,and the bread surely was microwaved out from the fridge.

But given all that the real food was good. I recommend it for lunch(with a friend or family) or a romantic dinner (if you and your partner are realllly hungry)

Fouadhamade, Manager at Rodeo Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is always a great pleasure to read such detailed feedback with pros and cons.

We were concerned to read about the inconveniences you have encountered during your last stay with us, for which we would like to apologize.

We strive to make our guests experience one of the best, so please stay assured that your feedback has been communicated and corrective measures have been taken to avoid future repeats. We honestly believe that your unfortunate experience is an exception to the service we are accustomed to offering as the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi is committed to providing its guests with the highest quality of standards.

Once again, thank you for your honest review of Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon among us.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I would agree with the vast majority of the positive comments from previous reviewers. Visited this restaurant with my wife and a friend and we all had steak. It was the first time I had a Wagyu steak and it is definitively one of the tastiest steaks I have ever eaten. It was cooked perfectly and, together with the accompaniments, was an amazing eating experience all round. I' not a huge fan of onion rings and didn't think they suited accompanying such a quality piece of meat but that is just personal opinion I know.

We didn't have a starter or dessert but I saw other tables being served these and they looked delicious too. The prices reflect the quality and the overall experience which is high so, like us, this might be a venue which you have to save up a few dirhams for but it is definitely worth it.

Get yourselves booked in the Rodeo Grill and enjoy!

Fouadhamade, Manager at Rodeo Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Butangkawi,

Thank you for sharing your very nice comments and recommending Rodeo Grill on trip advisor. Great service is one of our main aims and it is very rewarding to know that we have succeeded in delivering.