“good food”

Mezzaluna
Ranked #52 of 2,111 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Take a culinary tour of Italy with Mezzaluna restaurant, known for the best Italian food in Abu Dhabi. Regional dishes from across the beautiful country of Italy form a menu that is truly unique, and lovingly prepared by the genius hands and heart of our passionate Chef. While dining on authentic fine Italian cuisine in the surrounds of Mezzaluna's expertly designed, custom-created terrace, it is easy to imagine yourself dining in the beautiful trattorias of Lombardia, Umbria or Toscana, with their tree-lined roads, rolling hills and sun-kissed fields. With echoes of a hot Italian summer, the Abu Dhabi weather permits you to dine al fresco with your family and friends, while trying new and exciting dishes in our award winning Italian restaurant. Two private dining rooms are also available for groups of up to 16 people and are available for early reservations for special celebrations, or to catch up with good friends over great Italian food. Mezzaluna has won awards as one of the top Italian restaurants in Abu Dhabi for the unique dishes and culinary offerings crafted here. Mezzaluna is located on the ground level of the Emirates Palace and has glorious views of the picture-perfect sandy beach, crystal blue waters of the Arabian Gulf and the Emirates Palace Marina. "La scoperta di un piatto nuovo è più preziosa per il genere umano che la scoperta di una nuova stella." Brillat-Savarin (The discovery of a new dish is more precious to human beings than the discovery of a new star.)
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The fact they asked me if I would like reading glasses and asked what prescription. Food was good, would recommend the risotto.

There are newer reviews for Mezzaluna

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Myself and wife ate here during our stay at the Emirates Palace as part of our half board option. As we were staying for 10 nights and had the choice of 4 restaurants on our meal package we chose to dine here 3 times. The first time was not great, would of given it 3 stars as I struggled finding a starter on the half board menu and asked if could just have a small plate of pasta as a starter. After 15 minutes and various staff coming to and from the kitchen told us this was not possible so ended up choosing something I did not like as did not like any of the starters on offer. The restaurant is lovely and has a good atmosphere. The rest of the half board menu is very good, loads of main course choices, hence us eating here a few more times and those experiences a lot better, but still not enjoying my starter. All in all a lovely dining experience, but the half board menu could do with a couple of extra options to the starters - starter portions of pasta, just to give some additional choice. From the sounds of it, the half board menu does not change daily or even weekly so stays the same for the duration of your stay. We would eat here again, as the quality of food is very good, and the main courses we tried were fab. They also looked after us on our anniversary, giving us a nice table with rose petals and a special platter for dessert.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food is good but it misses the "amazing", as this restaurant is in the Emirates palace I expect that little extra, the one when I am done with my food I go wow that was very good italian food. And I know what I want, my sister lives in Rome so I get to sample pretty good italian food

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The great disappointment was the restaurant had no view at the time of our visit (they placed pavilion in front of the restaurant. The food was average. Nothing's special at all.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Nice restaurant, but nothing new versus the classic Italian restaurants you can find everywhere in Europe. Try lasagna, it is very tasty and ask about the entertainment program before (there are some nights with life music)!