“Yummy pizza”

Azzurro
Reserve a Table
Ranked #69 of 2,658 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Azzurro! The premier authentic Italian restaurant in Abu Dhabi. Azzurro is fine dining with fantastic surroundings and the very best chefs and staff.
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant has a nice atmosphere, accommodating staff and delicious pizza.

We had calamari to start which was lovely and then I had the diavola pizza and my husband had the calzone. Both were excellent. My son had the margherita also good.

Date of visit: June 2019
horizonmanagement, Manager at Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Reviewed May 5, 2019

I ended my previous review (almost 5 years ago) by stating I would never return. I'm now pleased to be able to rescind that statement.
Given that gluten free food is now a requirement of any visit I had messaged the restaurant in advance to be advised that they are able to cater for such needs. We therefore turned up one evening and were shown to an outside table (it was delightfully warm with a pleasant breeze blowing).
Having checked gluten-free availability we were advised that risotto is gluten free and that pasta can also be prepared but it would take approximately half an hour.
No problem with that so ordered drinks and observed the activities on the canal while we chatted away. A bread basket was brought but gluten free bread wasn't available - pity.
The food arrived which was delicious and well worth the wait. Waiters and waitresses constantly checked on us while we were waiting, and also as we were eating, so cannot fault them - it made for a really pleasant evening.
There is one niggle for which I have marked this a Very Good, rather than Excellent, place. When the bill was presented there was an additional charge for gluten free - something that hadn't been highlighted on the menu, or mentioned by any of the staff. The price for the beer was also more expensive than that shown on the menu. There was just one price but as I'd asked for a large glass I expected to pay more although I would have liked this to be included on the menu.
All in all I would definitely pay a repeat visit should I return for another vacation.

Date of visit: April 2019
horizonmanagement, Manager at Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Hello, Thank you for the wonderful review, we really appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had such a pleasant experience and had enjoyed the food and the service. We hope to see you back again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Good Italian food. The view over the sea and Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is nice. The most important of all is the willingness of all members of staff to serve their customers until satisfaction from waiters to the manager. They were so friendly, smiling, with very good attitude and trying to make sure that the food is good and everything is fine. They made us spend a good time at the restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2019
horizonmanagement, Manager at Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2019

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

This was a last minute choice but a great one as they catered for our different needs with great care. The food was delicious and will be going back again before our holiday ends

Date of visit: April 2019
horizonmanagement, Manager at Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Hello,
We hope to see you back again soon. Thank you

Reviewed March 5, 2019

Impeccable and friendly service, thanks a lot to our waiter Remedios for going above and beyond!
Restaurant with alcohol license

Date of visit: March 2019
horizonmanagement, Manager at Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019