3,065 results
All reviews horizon club grand mosque vietnamese restaurant sofra bld bord eau chi spa pearls caviar infinity pool premier room chocolate fountain jet ski sheikh zayed mosque beautiful hotel pool staff main restaurant private beach pool side
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. At one point I sat in the lobby to absorb my opulent surroundings. So many beautiful details to take in everywhere! The moment you walk in you are surrounded by staff to take care of your every need! Reception was lovely and we were escorted to our room through the beautiful halls. Our room was exquisite with a beautiful view from our balcony. We spent an afternoon at the pool and the service was again excellent. Unfortunately, it was too hot for the beach but it looked great. There is a view of the Grand Mosque across the water but the view was partially obstructed by large construction sand piles. We also went to the International buffet which was outstanding! There was an incredible amount of food that was beautifully presented. Ashi, at the dessert station, gave me a tour of the decadent display. I just wish I was able to try everything!
Again, service was terrific. I had the option of several different hotels in Abu Dhabi but I’m so glad I chose this one! I will return!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MaryLouise53
AhmedIssa2, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is truly motivating to read such great feedback and we are overjoyed that you have been satisfied with our service. It is absolutely an encouragement for us to go the extra mile in ensuring a great experience to each of our guests. I will most certainly pass on the kind feedback to Ashi and all our staff members. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed August 12, 2019

That was a strange experience because everything seems great but nothing is. The hotel is designed with the Aladdin Arabic style where dark and heavy wood is every where. I personally, prefer light designs and colors that pass freshness to the place and accordingly to the guest.
The open Buffet has a big variety but the low quality,
Zero fresh juices and no almond milk.
The staff is extra polite and extra decent but they seem unhappy and exhausted.
Simply, I demand a better everything for the amount of money they charge,
Not the right atmosphere for me and I will not go again for sure.

1  Thank Nibal A

Dear Nibal A,

Firstly, thank you for staying with us and for the feedback on your experience. We have taken note of your observations and advice, and will endeavor to provide flawless experiences to all future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

1- whoever was on duty on the reservation desk has no idea that there is a partnership between visa luxury hotels and shangrila which was kind of shocking for us.

2- we asked for room service 3 times and no one showed up till the next day

3-hair dryer was not working so we asked for a new one which we didnt get

4- we had to wait for the boat more than 30 minutes we ended going with the club car to the market

Honestly we had higher expectations but after our stay i dont think we will come back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Sara D,

Thank you very much for your comments and I would like to find an opportunity to reach out to learn more regarding your experience; kindly contact me under abudhabi@shangri-la.com. I would also like to sincerely thank you for having chosen our hotel and Abu Dhabi as your choice of destination.

Reviewed August 12, 2019

Hotel fantastic we quite often stay Shangri-La hotels due to the level of service.
By the pool or by the beach food and drink service was at the raise of an arm .... ok by the beach I said could you keep checking back on us which they did.

Fresh coconut juice in the shell was my passion and they would always bring us a cool box of ice because ones drinks need constant ice in 40+ heat

We paid a bit extra for a premier room and although lacking in sockets (by the bed) and maybe a bit dated, we really liked the room. Walk in dressing room with dressing table was great for getting ready. Time to revamp the TVs though

The jet skis .... we enjoy jet ski-ing so it was great for us. The tour and the guys that run the water sports are great .... really sound bunch and probably the best jet ski-ing experience we have had. Due to the water not being a sea it’s flat as a board and you can open them up full speed and stay flat out for as long as you like . The tour took us around the city and through the mangroves. We did it at sunset and again in the morning.... both offered a different aspect to the tour.

Jet ski hell? I just don’t agree that they are that loud to offend ..... but we are all different so I respect that view also

Only downside was the building work opposite which ruined the view of the mosque .... no insta shots this year Im afraid !!!

All in all a great stay !

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear GoPlaces826969,

Thank you for your wonderful praise, we are delighted to understand that you had a great experience with us during your stay. We are additionally pleased to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and services. We hope to welcome you back soon to Shangri-La in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2019

The hotel is a must visit in Abu Dhabi. Full of beautiful decorations from the second you enter with your car. The entrance, lobby, rooms and outdoor areas. The rooms were very clean and spacious with marble bathrooms that contained a shower and a bath tub. Good TV channels variety. We got an upgrade to a premium room that had an extra space for an office and a large separate dressing room. But even the deluxe rooms were good with a desk and a dressing area. The rooms have balconies with sofa, table and chair. The view was absolutely amazing, overlooking the sea, swimming pool, hotel garden and Sheikh Zayed Mosque. You would enjoy the relaxing view in the day time and also night time with the beautiful lights.

The hotel had two spacious swimming pools that were 1.2 meters deep. Both were very enjoyable. Life guards on duty and plenty of spaces to sit and relax. Complementary cold water was provided. The hotel has a private beach which was very clean and also amazing to swim in and enjoy. Lots of greenery to walk through and enjoy the day.

The breakfast at Sofra restaurant was among the most delicious in UAE hotels with many live stations (egg, pan cakes, saj, ice cream, etc.). Lots of food variety and fresh juice to choose from with a special section for kids. The team was very helpful, prompt and professional.

The hotel location is very convenient and not crowded. Its 10-15 minutes away from malls or airport or marina.

The hotel offered a nice complementary small boat ride to the next door Souq which is a must try. It is 3-5 minutes long. Very enjoyable for the kids. They can also drop you/pick you with a golf cart if you wish.

The service at the hotel was excellent. Everyone was smiling and doing their best to assist you. Special thanks to Zen and Azraa from the front desk for their special attention and taking care of our needs. They and the rest of the hotel staff were very professional and worth a big thank you.

I strongly recommend this hotel.

Dear FA_975,

Thank you for sharing this gracious piece of feedback on Shangri-La Abu Dhabi. I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience on your recent stay with us, and I will most certainly pass on the kind feedback to all our staff members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another memorable stay.