“Delicious ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zuma

Zuma
Ranked #17 of 2,021 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Zuma, the brainchild of co-founder & creator, Rainer Becker, has now opened in Abu Dhabi. The iconic London restaurant has already successfully launched 6 different outposts throughout the world, including Dubai, Hong Kong, Miami, Istanbul and Bangkok . The new restaurant is located at The Galleria, on al Maryah island, representing the core of Abu Dhabi's central business district; the Manhattan of Abu Dhabi. For the design of the interior, Rainer Becker challenged Noriyoshi Muramatsu of studio glitt to create a concept for the restaurant that looks very different to zuma Dubai but still captures the style and elegant ambience of the zuma restaurants around the world.
Melbourne
“Delicious ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

During a transit in Abu Dhabi, a friend recommended Zuma. What a great recommendation it was. Starting from the decor & ambience.. I started off with the watermelon martini which was amazingly refreshing! Left you wanting another.. I then ordered the crispy fried squid with green chilli and lime, so crispy as per tittle with a great balance of chilli. The tuna with the red chillies was just perfection!! What a balance of all the ingredients! For my main I ordered one of the signature dishes; grilled Chilean sea-bass with a green chilli ginger dressing.. I loved every bite! And the sea-bass just melted in my mouth and with that dressing which was to die for! You would want to even dip bread into it that's how delicious it was. Even though portions well generous enough for fine dinning, I couldn't leave without trying dessert which I chose the green tea and banana cake with coconut ice cream and toffee. I'm not a fan of green tea desserts but this was so yummy! Very similar to a sticky date pudding style of dessert but more exotic and exciting with all those flavors together.
Will definitely be recommending Zuma to all, as I will also be returning next time I'm in Abu Dhabi.

• Arabic first
  • Serbian first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Black Cod”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am not a big fan of seafood or Asian food, but I felt like i had to write this review.

Here is why I am coming back to this place:

- Single malt whiskeys/ bourbons selection is great and they even carve out an ice cube that says Zuma on it for you
- I don't remember much of the appetizers, but I will tell you that the black cod was excellent and I will go back again just to have that (although I really don't care much for seafood)

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Usual high standards”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great food. The blackened cod and the sashimi especially. Attentive service. Good atmosphere for lunch.

Visited June 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great Black Cod ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I return to Zuma mainly for their Black Cod! I can't get enough of it! Their dessert isn't my favorite but was a hit with my friends. The service is definitely high end and the decor is lovely. I hate that they wouldn't allow me to bring in cake for "safety reasons" (a blatant lie clearly), but the staff was quite gracious about it. Also, it's a little on the pricey end compared to similar restaurants in Abu Dhabi.

1 Thank pillowsandpotatoes
Bangkok, Thailand
“Japan in Abu dhabi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

The reservation of the table is not as smooth as I would expect from this level of restaurant However the Food and Drinks are amazing, Staff is very friendly. The cocktails are very unique and stylish. Kitchen hands down food is just amazing

The best japanese restaurant in UAE. Keep up the good work

• Visited July 2014