Vision Hotel Apartments
RitzCarlton.com
$113
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
$134
$97
  • Pool
Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$55
$121
$103
InterContinental
Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$57
$50
City Seasons Al Hamara Hotel(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$49
$112
$89
Agoda.com
Beach Rotana(Abu Dhabi)
$161
$115
  • Pool
Royal Rose Hotel(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$72
$59
Hotels.com
All reviewswashing machineabu dhabi mallstudio suitenice apartmentlong stayrooftop poolsmall kitchenettewalking distancevalet parkingvery clean hotelvalet servicefood and beverageconvenient locationnon smoking roomreception staffgymmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We live in Dubai but traveled here for New Years Eve with low expectations after having stayed in other hotel apartments in Abu Dhabi. We were very pleased with the friendly service and valet parking on arrival.
Rooms were tidy, clean and had all the kitchen appliances, utensils etc that would make staying more than a night very comfortable.
We found the breakfast buffet a bit odd (calamari anyone?) and would do our own next time.
Overall super pleased and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katfrawley
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel is slightly wierdly located but is ultimately central to head off anywhere. If you prefer a good hotel in the city rather than a beachfront one, this works well. The breakfast is different, which is good, as they try to add different things than you would find at a standard hotel. A good solution for those travelling with kids as the rooms are huge with separate lounge and bedroom.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed in a Studio Suite on the 16th floor for 17 nights at Vision Hotel Apartment before we had to move into our permanent place in the city. I picked this place based on the reviews here and I couldn't have made a better choice. We wanted to stay specifically in a serviced apartment for the convenience of having our own kitchenette and washer/dryer. There is also free wifi in the room (very impt to us), a good-sized gym and a small outdoor pool. There isn't any view from our room but that doesn't concern us.

The suite is cosy and compact, the bed extremely comfortable. I'm not a fan of down pillows but the room has a foam pillow in the closet that you can use. The bathroom is huge with a separate shower area and a bathtub. The toiletries provided are very decent (body lotion is actually very moisturizing), the bathrobe and towels are thick and comfy. I cooked a few proper dinners in the room and the kitchenette has everything you will need. The washer/dryer is also much appreciated. We did use the dry-cleaning service in the hotel and it was cheap, fast and fuss-free. Laundry gets picked up by 10.30am and will return on the same day.

The housekeeping staff (shout out to Jimmy!) was great...they do an excellent job in cleaning the room. We didn't need the room to be cleaned everyday and we also didn't want our towels/bedsheets changed daily so we just needed to write a note for the housekeeping staff if we are out to let them know what we want changed etc.

We ordered room service (24hrs by the way) a few times and the food quality and presentation is surprising good! I've attached a couple of photos. My tuna sandwich (AED 32++) was so pretty, it totally took me by surprise. And it's very reasonably-priced too.

We also booked a half-day desert safari as recommended by the concierge and it was great! Dune bashing, BBQ dinner under the stars etc...Speaking of concierge, Visions has one of the MOST friendly concierge staff I've ever met anywhere else. There is a Filipino and an Indian (I think) concierge and I wished I've gotten their names. Every time I see them, they are smiling and being so extremely welcoming. Made us really happy to return after a long day out and about.

The hotel is within a 10-15-min walk to Abu Dhabi Mall and in this gorgeous Dec weather, walking is the best way to go. The mall has a Co-Op (supermarket), a decent foodcourt, Cold Stone, H&M, Mango, cinema and all the shops you would imagine a big mall should have. Across from the mall (in the building where Subway is), there are a few shops selling souvenirs and I reckon you are better off getting your souvenirs (genie lamps, keychains, shawls etc) here than in the mall itself. Do shop around to check on the prices and bargaining is welcomed. The one shop I personally bought most of what I needed is called Golden Exhibition, it's a small shop located right at the end of the building. To go anywhere else from the hotel, just take a taxi or a bus (which is good, clean, efficient and extremely cheap).

It's also really easy to get a taxi from the hotel...the front desk can either call one for you or we also found it easy to hail one from the street. All the taxi drivers we met know where the hotel is (tell them Vision Hotel Apartment at Old Mazda Road in case they take you to the other Vision locations). There are tons of construction around the hotel though else I think it would be even more convenient.

All in all, the hotel is absolutely fab for a long-stay arrangement and I would most certainly recommend this to anyone. A big Thank You to everyone at Vision who made our stay thoroughly enjoyable. =)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank TnMCho
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Vision has 3 locations: 1 is a "hotel apartment", 2 is Vision Downtown (regular serviced apartment) and 3 is a more upscale serviced apartment (twin towers).

I stayed at the Vision Downtown serviced apartments, which are located just behind the Marks & Spencer building. I stayed here for 5 months between Feb - June 2011.

Overall, the stay was very good. The apartments are on par with what i would expect of the Somerset. The building is fairly new I believe, and the apartments are in good order. The rooms are not that big. We had a 3 bedroom, where 1 had an ensuite and the other 2 rooms shared a bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and the rooms were serviced twice per week.

Bathroom was very good, everything worked and I had no problems there my entire stay.

The rooftop area houses a gym, with sauna and steamroom. Plus an outdoor pool. The gym equipment is very new and in excellent working order. The staff are there to help you if you require.

I found the staff of the complex to be friendly and always willing to have a chat.

The WiFi connection was very good and I did not encounter any problems during my stay. I remember at one stage our washing machine sprung a leak, and our plasma TV went on the blink: both of these were replaced immediately (same day), with no questions asked.

Overall, very positive, and one of, if not the only, serviced apartments in Abu Dhabi city. Excellent choice for long-term business stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank 27mangoes
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Staff are friendly and helpful. The Valet parking is fantastic. the design and quality of the suite is great.

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business