$98
$147
Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi Downtown(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$51
$44
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $52/night.

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
$136
Jumeirah.com
$254
$155
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$75
Hilton
  • Pool
$161
$94
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$229
$150
Shangri-La.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

$270
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $300/night.

$90
All reviewsnice hotelle royal meridienwalking distancecomfortable stayrooms are spaciouscornichepluggymtaxidubai
Reviewed July 10, 2017

a great 3-star hotel for a quick night-out! it's in the heart of Abu Dhabi and very near to the beach and shopping malls. they also offer an indoor and outdoor pool for free! their gym is also nice with a great view of the Corniche Beach while working out!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Pros: big room with loads of pillows , comfortable, generally fast room service, good amount of utilities
Cons: three visiting cockroaches, 38 dirhams for a portion of chips, a call at 10am even though you confirmed a check out at 2pm and specifically asked to not be woken, asking if you are checking out (this was especially irritating as I was sleeping). Have to pay for water.
Upon check out the staff behind the counter got really weird about the house keeping checking the room before I leave as if I had packed their lamps and pillows in my bag. I have stayed in many hotels in the UAE and this has never happened before.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Inesa_sky
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

Lovely place by the corniche. Rooms very spacious. This hotel has amazing history and it's nice they keep this hotel in great shape. We are planning to stay here at the end of the August. We also was informed that hotel will have new German restaurant with authentic Bavarian food and beverages , if I'm not mistaken it will be called "Das Brauhaus". Looking forward!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2017

I am going to start with the summary (so I am not wasting your time if you are not interested in my experience)...

Summary:
The hotel is good and decently priced. The rooms are spacious and comfortable for a couple, although the rooms facing the street can receive a bit of noise from the bar/restaurant downstairs and the street. The bathroom is sort of old, but clean. We found the food was too expensive for what it was and there are several other options around. It shares a pool with Le Royal Meridien (which is just next door), the pool is superb. Access to the hotel is not the greatest unless you are driving... although transportation in Abu Dhabi leaves a lot of open opportunities and lots to desire.

Our experience:
Overall our experience was pretty good with some negative highlights that I am going to describe as part of the story.

Given our experience with the public transport in Dubai was so good, we thought the transport, in general, was considerably good in the Emirates... That illusion was quickly shattered once we arrived at the bus terminal and we tried to make our way to the hotel. Luckily, we found some of the people in Abu Dhabi is super friendly.

A bus ride later, we got off two blocks away from the hotel and walked the rest (there is not bus stop close to the hotel) and started to look around, at the restaurants, markets and people in general. The area is nice, it has a lot of movement and there are a few shopping malls around for your snacks or daily fruit.

Once at the reception, we started to talk to the receptionist, telling her we had reserved a room and wanted to leave all our bags. She charged us for the room (as expected) and the minibar in advance (unexpected) as we 'might' want to use it, if the bad wasn't used then we were going to get our money back. Worth mentioning, we were charged the same amount as our stay for the minibar and we were lucky enough to carry enough cash with us, as they do not take a credit card for that. My missus was a tad upset about it, as most hotels we have stayed in, tend to trust their customers and check the minibar at checkout...

Now, I wouldn't have highlighted this in particular, if it wasn't for the fact that, once in our room, we found the minibar fridge locked with a padlock (meaning you can't use it anyway)... this was a problem as we had some fruit we wanted to leave in the fridge... had to go downstairs to request the minibar to be opened as we just wanted the fridge to keep things cool. Went back to the receptionist and asked if the minibar could be opened, to which she wasn't happy and told us "See?? That's the reason why we charge it!" Tried to explain why we wanted the minibar opened (and I honestly could not understand why it was a problem as we had to pay close to $250 on arrival for it) but it was futile, she told us the bar was going to be opened by the lobby boy once he was back.

As we were set to wait, we asked for her suggestions about how to move around the city or were to eat. She quickly talked to the other receptionist telling him "Could you assist these guys? I need to do something else..."

He looked puzzled and she looked noticeably upset. We had no idea what we did but decided not to let it get to us. The chat with the other receptionist flowed a lot better; he explained where to take the bus but had no suggestion about anywhere else to eat other than the hotel. Looked at the hotel menu and decided we were better having a walk and trying to find something else.

The walk at night was beautiful, the area has a few parks around... if you have enough time and energy I would suggest to walk from the hotel toward the corniche beach, beautiful walk at night, lots of people exercising or riding their bicycles. There are lots of high restaurants around the hotel, but you can also go a few blocks away and get some really good cheap eats and experience a bit more the culture and the local behaviour.

Sadly, (and this is a problem with most hotels in Abu Dhabi) everything is far away and you spend an awful amount of time in traffic or public transport. If you are given the option of the bus or a taxi, pick the bus... arguably you will be more comfortable in the taxi, but paying just to sit in traffic isn't a wise thing to do.

We walked a lot in Abu Dhabi, and one awesome thing we found was the pool shared with another hotel. It does close earlyish (around 9 pm... although they start kicking people out at 8:30) but if you plan your day correctly, you might be able to go to a few attractions, crash at the pool for about an hour, then dress up to walk around the city at night.

Finally, let me describe the room. The walls are a bit dated (not too bad) although it gives it a bit of history to the experience. I personally liked it. The view was pretty good as well, as we had a room facing the street/park in front of the hotel. It wasn't a problem until the karaoke night when we started hearing all of it in our room muffled by some of the walls.

The bed was a tad hard for me, but my wife loved it and she described it as 'firm' for a good night of sleep.

The room and the bathroom were equally clean... without toilet paper, but clean. This was sorted a few minutes after we had a chat with the receptionist. In Dubai, the reception has a set of power plug adapters if you need to charge your phone or computer, but that wasn't a service at this hotel. We found the hair dryer above the toilet had the international female plug, so decided to use that being very careful not to find a phone swimming a few hours later.

I had a chat with the lobby boy the day after, asking him about the other rooms. He mentioned the ones facing the pool were a lot better than the one we had, but all of them were booked, so we couldn't try to switch to give it a try.

In conclusion?
We would like to stay here again if we are visiting Abu Dhabi once more. The hotel is comfortable and well priced although they need to check the hospitality of some of their staff (one person in particular, everybody else was super friendly). The location is pretty good as well, as you can grab your stuff and go for lovely walks around the city without too much hassle (unless you have specific plans about what to visit).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area are quieter, the once facing the street aren't too bad but the other ones are better.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2017

The first time I arrived in Abu Dhabi I stayed in this hotel for 6 months so I was expecting the same or even better servise than before, how disappointed I was, from the first moment bad things started to happen. Don't arrive by your vehicle as I did, the hotel don't have it'sown parking so you are charged on the meter, although in fairness and after some discussion the hotel staff will take care of this problem (of course you pay). The hotel did not accept my Abu Dhabi bank direct debit card so I had to give Dhs 800, deposit, I could not find any mention of this in the hotel web site. The room was fine and the bed really conformable, great night sleep although no bath available only a small shower.Watch out for the mini-bar, it is locked and to get it open you must deposit Dhs 500, another subject not on the web site.
This hotel was famous for The Ally Pally put but even that has changed and been moved to a smaller room which is dark and for me just not a place to site and have a pint of the brown stuff. Enter the pub next door (the old Ally Pally) place now suiting other patrons, happy hour is Dhs 18 a pint and regular time it jumps to Dhs 26 a pint, a pub with no snacks available, crazy. The atmosphere I found was somewhat depressing and really not up to my taste.
The final problem was at check out when they could not find my vehicle keys, eventually found (15 minutes later) under a pile of bags in a draw, wow what a relief. I am extremely saddened by this experience I a vow never to return to this place again.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor very nice "None smoking"
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo