“Infected with insects - Terrible Management on Duty”

Al Ain Palace Hotel
Ranked #100 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai
“Infected with insects - Terrible Management on Duty”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I went to the hotel and the room was infested with insects (ants, spiders) and a lookalike cockroaches because it was really fast cruising on the bedside table and under. I was in the hotel for only 1 hour and the manager offered to chaged a room. When I tried to lift one of my bags there were insects under it. The Hotel Management including the receptionist they treated the event as normal and they were really unprofessional. It is one of the worst hotel I have ever been with the worst aggresive and totally rude management I have ever seen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on an official company visit. The hotel vehicle collected me from the airport and the first impression I got from seeing the hotel was really good. I too was a bit biased having read some of the reviews. Anyway everything depends on what one is looking for. Women are not only available in this hotel but in five star hotels as well. It is nothing new for travellers. If one is not gain for that type of entertainment, then there are several things which could be done. The staff at the reception were not only helpful but also knowledgeable in giving instructions as to places in Abu Dhabi. The room was magnificent with its fully loaded mini bar. The only minus point was that the kettle supplied didn't fit the outlet of the wall socket. If not everything was good. The hotel was very conscious of the environment and had notices by the bedside reminding guests about the changing of linen. The porters too were every ready to provide service whether it was carrying bags or calling a cab. Not only would I take the opprtunity of staying at this hotel if I visit Abu Dhabi but also recommend the place to my friends. The hotel is located in a central area near the Corniche and walking distance within the main commercial area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ernie B
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I was worried about staying due to the poor reviews. My company associates recommended it so I took the risk.
Al Ain Palace is a good choice and a convient place to stay in Abu Dhabi's city center. I found everything here worthy of a 4+ star rating and the prices are fair. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The staff Is friendly and the service is good. If you are looking for a good place to stay at a reasonable rate, I recommend staying at Al Ain Palace.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank JimmyCutler C
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I am living in Dubai and have stayed at the hotel on several occasions, my first experience of the check in was very slow, but after that they got their act together, some rooms only have a small shower and no bath tub, but apart from that the rooms are comfortable and good value for the money, newly decorated, mostly clean although on 1 occasion, a shower cap was left hanging above the shower and on another occasion i dont thik the shower floor had been completely cleaned. they dont supply tissues in the room and if you book a double you tend to get only 1 complimentary bottle of water. if you dont go near the dodgey bar, it is ok, can use the 5* pool and from the next hotel and the gym is big and adequate, remember this is not a 5* star hotel but generally not bad for the money. the porter was very helpful.

Room Tip: pick a room with a bath and not just a shower
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CAM14
England
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed at the "Ally Pally" for 10 nights in November, and despite the length of my trip, don't really have all that much to say about it.

The hotel is fairly large and anonymous and despite its status as one of Abu Dhabi’s cheaper hotels, it certainly doesn’t come cheap at considerably more than £100 per night for a basic ensuite double room.

The room itself was a little dingy, and a musty smell pervaded the room (in fact, the entire hotel…), that A/C couldn’t kill off. It was, however, quite clean, despite the mystifying smell.

The staff (whom, in true UAE fashion, were all of course imported from Africa and Asia) weren't particularly friendly or helpful, and insisted on holding my passport until the entire bill was paid (I was paying via installments due to my travel agent back home not ordering in enough AED currency for me to take in cash, so I had to draw funds from my bank account in UAE, which were of course limited to £200 per day. Staff were not very happy about this, nor particularly understanding.)

As far as location goes, it's pretty good (situated pretty much on the impressive corniche), yet since Abu Dhabi is NOT a pedestrian city, the location ultimately didn't matter very much, as local taxis were abundant and extremely cheap. It is within walking distance of the relatively few bars that Abu Dhabi has on offer, and even has its own pub onsite (which was avoided, as it has a local reputation for providing some of the seedier 'services' one encounters in UAE).

All in all, few memories remain of this trip and hotel stay, and those that do are unfortunately mostly negative.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 20, 2011

This place is full of prostitute in a country where prostitution is unacceptable behavior. The hotels staff behaviors as security guys and pims for such. I was innocently accused of not staying in a place I paid two nights for, drag out of the elevator by this people and later threaten with police. I could not believe my luckj, and they had the balls to not aplogise when they discovery their mistaken. I will need my lawyer for this one. Bad service too, too many Filiopo prostitutes.

Room Tip: No way
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank TravelLady1995

Travelers are raving about these Abu Dhabi hotels

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 8, 2011

My Name is Ahmed I have reservation on May 5, First of all they did`nt find my reservation then i told to my colleague to send my reservation through e-mail by there given addresse on the site but the receptionist says that this addresse belong to our sales, Anyhow than I contact Booking.com to help at 01:00 am they did somehow but again the lady receptionist as well as the duty manager refused to check me in because there CID department is no more working on the seat.
This is not my problem that this department is not working on that time i buying to hotel to relax my time do some bussiness meeting but all of this make me so upset.
I SUGGEST TO ALL TRAVELLER NOT TO VISIT SUCH A IRRESPOSIBLE HOTEL WHO HAS NO VALUE OF THERE GUEST. SUCH A BAD NIGHTMARE. SHAME ON THEM TO BE A PART OF HOSPITALITY.

AHMED.