“Not going to stay again!”

Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments I
Ranked #99 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Me and my partner,stayed here as we were in the process of searching a suitable property for our self. And as if property search was not enough to exhaust us, whenever we came back there was always a problem waiting for us at the front office.
Later we found one villa but was not ready yet.

And no matter how much their staff would pretend professionalism, they would always manage to annoy us one way or the other. Not that they wanted to, but they were just not able enough for the job.

We briefed the staff, that if we want to leave we will inform you by 12:00 pm on that day (as our villa maintenance staff could only update us about the progress by 12:00 pm). In all othercases please consider that we are staying and our key should be active. I am working on Sadiyat Island and will pay what ever is due in the evening on my return.

The front office confirmed that this is okay with them.

But many a times when I am at work the staff would call me saying sir the checkout time has passed and please come and give us the money if you wish to continue.
I got 5 calls with a difference of 20 mins - even though I clearly informed them that I am staying not leaving.
On my return I spoke with the Front Office Supervisor about this and gave him the same brief about my situation and asked him if this is okay. To which he confirmed this is okay, said sorry for the behaviour. I asked him if he needed any assurance or warranties to which he said not required and promised this would not repeat.

Well it did repeat! and many times. They had only one female staff (who aparently had amnesia - as she never knew what was going on) and the rest in the fornt office were not so courteous specially when calling and asking rent for the day....this is like what he said, "... sir when will you come......tchh (sound made by touching the tongue behind the upper incisors and pulling down) ... please hurry... no one informed us..... okay okay"

Coming to the room. We were initially given a studio. The linens were old and grey in color (not white) the bed cover smelled like a marsh on a dark cold night. The floor tiles were stained orange in some places. The walls were having a lot of weired designs beacause of seepage. The room smelled damp. Only one towel was placed.

And in response to my complaint. We were transfered to a one bedroom apt. Which was no better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank AbuDhabi_Satti

Reviewed June 4, 2009

This is a Awsome Hotel,what a restuarent & Beach few away from hotel, Hotel Facilities & Infrasturcture there all are awsome.....

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Dev85
Reviewed January 24, 2009

We wanted to stay in this hotel for 1 month because we could not find flat, we booked and we came ... Terrible , kitchen is dirty , the oven is not there, they said they will bring small electrical, one towel for all the room ! We asked for the other room , they showed again .. it was the same dirty and dirty , but only with oven .. first impression was when we came to the area, its very crowed place with no parking , and poor building wich mostly with indians big families, and the hotel has the same specific smell!! every place smells like this , and elevator the same , plus people smoke in elevators

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelerNatalia
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Ramee garden is a budget hotel, for the price you pay the services are sufficient.

However the one down Al fala street (passport road) does not have a resturant but the staff are helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank Udeshika
Reviewed September 25, 2006

Although the apartment we stayed in (3 adults) was spacious enough - living room with divan bed, main with king bed and ensuite, kitchen and extra powder room, it was very shabby and not very clean. Linen was very old and grey rather than white which made it look dirty. The breakfast room was not good at all, with the hot food in warmers with a candle under it which did not keep it hot and the juice, milk and fruit left out in the warm atmosphere for more than 2 hrs. There was enough food if you cared to eat it. The attendant washed the dishes in the sink in the Sauna bathroom along the passage from the breakfast room (there was no kitchen in the breakfast room). The front desk staff were not at all helpful, unable to call us a taxi, suggesting that we go down the street to a small shopping centre to hail a cab, even when we were leaving they suggested that we leave our bags and walk in 40+ heat to the Burjamai complex to hail a cab and return to the Ramee to pick up out bags.
Dubai was fantastic, next time we will not choose a Ramee.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family