“Quiet, relaxing and luxurious!”

Al Raha Beach Hotel
Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We wanted to take part in the family beach party given by the hotel on its private beach, so I wanted to check out the hotel online to see if we might want to make it a weekend. I was impressed by the pics in the gallery and the price was right so I booked. Boy am I glad I did! The entire hotel is beautiful inside and out. Our standard room was huge and so was the bathroom. It felt like a suite and we loved our private balcony that overlooked the beach and pool areas. Our room was on the end and although we had to walk a bit to get to our room, it was quiet and secluded.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view room, the night scenery is amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,329)

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Aside from the screaming children running around the lobby, my initial impression was good. The hotel was very spacious and clean. But at $170 a night without breakfast, it should be!! We booked it because it was close to Yas Island and we were going to a late concert. HOWEVER, my feelings were not the same when I was awoken by a drill on the other side of my headboard at 7.52am. Even less impressed when I telephoned reception at 7.53am and was told they would ask security to confirm if this was the case-because I would lie?! At this I demanded to be moved and, to their credit, by the time we had thrown everything in our bags, a porter arrived to take us to the new room 5 minutes later. Was there any need to ring us 10 minutes after we had moved to the new room, clearly wanting to go back to bed having just been woken up and walked down the corridor in our pyjamas? I don't think so. When we checked out we complained again and were passed through three people who finally realised it was a serious complaint when I highlighted that construction pre-8am is illegal in the Middle East. We finally spoke to the front office manager who, while very polite and 'understanding', didn't really address the issue. He focused too much on the fact that the construction company had broken their contract with the hotel. Really, irrelevant to me because I had a contract with the hotel which, by its nature, should be a relaxing experience. Interesting too to read another complaint about the noise because he insisted that the room had been used all week and no other guests had complained. Furthermore, although it is not about the money, being told that compensation is not possible because we booked via a third party is ridiculous. It's 2012!!! Our 'compensation' consisted of him giving us his contact details and paying for our AED40 (approximately £7) cab fare to the Sheraton, where we checked in for 4 days. He also said that we would be welcome to a discount/ upgrade next time we stayed. As if?! It was an absolute dream to check in to the Sheraton which was quiet, in a great location, a fraction of the price, helpful and had a SUPERB breakfast. Al Raha Beach? It should be called Al Rip-off!

Room Tip: Don't stay!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank jmm73
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I visited this hotel with my sister who lives in Abu Dhabi. We wanted somewhere to chill by the pool for the day. The pool area was very clean with a lovely infinity pool. My niece enjoyed the play area. It was a shame that the beach area was closed the day we visited as they were tidying it up and dredging the sand. We had lunch on the terrace and it was lovely.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cath61Derby
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and spent 3 glorious days at this hotel. Gulf views, massive sized room on the second floor. Facilities are top class as are the staff. Loved the pool and the views. Food is excellent and so is the service.

The Al Raha mall is right next door, with internal access. The hotel is handily placed for ease of access to Yas Island and downtown Abu Dhabi. Family friendly and I will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Get a gulf room view. it's worth the money.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night. As a group of 8 adults and 4 children, we booked 5 rooms. Our stay was really relaxing and refreshing. Sea Food dinner was more than we expected. Breakfast was out of our expectations as well. Hotel facilities and swimming pools and spas both inside and outdoors were keeping all of us at the hotel to enjoy. Children enjoyed the lovely atmosphere as well. Above all these, hotel team were all very friendly and helpful. Thank you so much for the excellent service you offered.

Room Tip: Try to choose Sea view rooms to enjoy the beautiful scenery!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The rooms are well decorated and large easily accommodating an extra bed for the children. Restaurant buffet was good and the staff pleasant and efficient. An enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We chose this hotel because it advertised itself as a beach resort with luxury facilities and extensive choices for dining.
What we experienced was an hotel under going massive building works and facilities that were mediocre.
The building work was 24 hour and noisey resulting in a pool area that was constantly covered in dust and grime and thoroughly unpleasant. The bar and seating area at one end of the pool was unusable unless you enjoy lounging around on a building site.
The five restaurants didn't exist. Two were available and the other three were under construction and due to be available ..................who knows? As one of the restaurants was a buffet (free for all but very good food) the dining choices were limited. On a positive note the Italian restaurant was excellent as were the staff who worked in it. Unfortunately we couldn't eat outside because it was too close to the building works.
When I complained management initially tried to fob me off by saying I had misread the web site. They said most of the noise from the building site finishes at about 5.30 pm so the pool area would be better for sun bathing and relaxing then. When I pointed out that it is dark by 5.30 pm they seemed fairly peeved that I should pick up on such a trivial point!! Obviously I must be difficult to please. After all, who do you know who expects to sun bathe during day light hours?.
With the wonder of an iPad I was able to show them their own web site and the totally misleading and false information they were displaying. They shrugged their shoulders and mumbled something about how it might be possible that some of the information was misleading. After protracted complaints I was offered a room upgrade that was pointless because my original room was excellent but for the noise of the building works. Anyway we agreed to move rooms because they insisted we did so. We were also offered a couple of other sweetners to soften the blow.
The plus points of this hotel were that most of the staff were friendly and welcoming and the quality of the bedrooms was good. The pool will be nice when the building work finishes.
Sadly the ocean view has been destroyed by the construction of the man made island that has been built for the next phase of their project to include a shopping mall.

Be carefull if you book this hotel wanting a relaxing break or if you think you are close to the centre of Abu Dhabi. You are on a main Highway some twenty minutes away from the City.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple