“Value for money”

Golden Tulip Al Jazira
Ranked #106 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Took a bit of time to check in but staff were very Friendly And helpful. Rooms are a bit old but was maintained properly. Loved the pool. Especially my friends son enjoyed the play area designated for kids and the baby pool.

Don't recommend a room near the beach club Blue Marlin Ibiza if with kids. But music lovers you won't regret the experience.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank DiliniSenadheera
Shady H, Rooms Division Manager at Golden Tulip Al Jazira, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, may I take this opportunity to thank you for giving us your thoughts and feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Golden Tulip Al Jazira Hotel.

We were delighted to know that you had a relaxing holiday with us and were well pleased with the friendly and helpful team member as well as with the pool facilities for kids.

We are sorry to read your comments about the time you took to take the room as well as the music coming from Ibiza Blue Marlin event that stopped by 11 pm, and please be assured that your valuable feedback has been shared with the concerned manager for further review.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The rooms are very nice indeed and since the beach club was not yet operational for the season one could actually sleep throughout the night. The staff is very, very unfriendly and more than happy to make you understand that you are only adding to their workload. English is definitely not the language most of them understand which makes it very interesting whenever something is needed. The menu in the main restaurant is hilarious and we ended up ordering a dish only because we wanted to see what that would actually look like. The only reason we stayed here was because of the proximity to where we had to go.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank biene1486
Shady H, Rooms Division Manager at Golden Tulip Al Jazira, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Ramy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Resort.

It is especially great to see that our associates assisted you in making your stay as it should be and that you enjoyed the facilities offered in our Pool Bar as well as in our Bounty Sports Bar.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future for another rejuvenating stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Travelling with two young kids, we found the rooms perfect. The staff were extremely helpful from front office to outside pool area + animation for kids in the afternoon. Quite Location. Overall a very good stay and we would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Quite & clean Hotel outside Dubai or Abu Dhabi
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank James S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor..

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us at Golden Tulip Al Jazira Hotel and were pleased with the location of the hotel, various kids anymation at pool area, the service as well as with the facilities we have on offer for our guests.

All your comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel just for a night and i love it. If you have a meeting in Dubai and Abu Dhabi the best place to stay as it is half way between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Nice Marina view, huge garden, staff were friendly, best place to relax after a hectic day. I will definitely comeback and recommend this hotel to my friends. oh! before i forgot Blue Marlin Ibiza UAE is in this hotel.

Room Tip: use exit 399 from both direction Dubai and Abu Dhabi
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AngelnetworkDubai

Dear Guest,

I thank you for having taken out some of your very precious time to keep us informed of your impression regarding your recent stay with us at Golden Tulip Al jazira Hotel.

It was very encouraging to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and appreciated all aspects of your stay.

Thank you once again for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards

Reviewed August 10, 2013

At check in, the first receptionist looked bored and not in the mood to work the other one was on the phone with an unwelcoming face and hating the world.

I asked if we had a good and easy accessible, I was told the room is a nice pool overlooking room on the ground. The bell boy was very nice carried our luggage with a smile, we went up few stairs walked down few and ended up in a corridor with no A/C (it was 40° Celsius and very high humidity) and again started going many stairs, my mom is an elderly woman, asked if they had a lift, there was none leading to the rooms.

The room was far from the pictures, I know they always look better in photos but the photo and reality might have been for two different hotels. We were there to relax so didn’t want to make a fuss!

I stepped inside and headed straight to the balcony door to check the view, the bell boy and mom behind me, before I reached, all I heard was my mom’s scream, something crawled from under one bed and disappeared under the other, the bell boy was gasping…

Not a good start!

Went back up, mom had to go up and down the stairs again asked for a new room on the reception floor which was on 1st, there was no way we were taking any chances on the GF. While entering the room I felt water dripping on me, it was the A/C humidity. One of the sliding doors was left open, and since the A/C was turned off in the corridor, humidity got hold of the A/C, at this point mom was tired all she wanted to do is rest, asked for housekeeping, they came quickly and fixed the issue. Outside was too hot and humid, balcony was off limits, plus there were wasps.

We tried to put all behind us, just relax and ignore what happened, we already knew we made a wrong choice.

Dinner was delicious due to very low occupancy it was set menu, delicious food and very nice staff, huge portions nicely presented. When it was time to pay (we had half board), I couldn’t just sign the bill and charge the extras to the room, as we had prepaid I had to pay directly at the restaurant, again walking up and down the stairs and through the no A/C corridor (Dinner was on lower ground).

Breakfast was a set menu as well and basic, staff was really nice.

Pool was all ours, only 2 other people; beach was too far down countless stairs so we avoided.

While getting ready for dinner, water started pouring down the ceiling through the A/C access, had to put 2 garbage bins underneath before calling reception. Housekeeping came and we were asked to move rooms again as they were not sure if they will be able to fix the issue, so we moved again…

At checkout the receptionist asked how our stay was and she was shocked to learn our story and took note of the incidents.

2 nights, 3 rooms, gladly we were not staying longer :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Well it was a surprise to see some thing like Al Jazira Hotel hotel just in the place where you will never expect some thing so adorable. Enjoyed the stay of a fairly spacious room with good internet coverage and a very nice tea lounge with free and high speed internet. Pool was good too. Very loud music at club downstairs but it stopped at 11 pm..over all experience was good and will do visit again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sami A
Reviewed April 30, 2013

As we live in Dubai, we decided one weekend morning to get away for the night. We checked online with trip advisor and rooms where available. We decided not to book online and traveled the 30 minutes to the hotel. We had read that checkin was 2pm, but assumed like all other hotels we visited in the region, we could arrive around 1pm and use the pool while waiting on our room. When we arrived, we asked for a double room. The receptionist told us there was 'no availability'. I explained that I had seen some availability 'online' only 45 minutes previously, and they insisted they were full. I took out my ipad, and while standing at reception, booked our room as he looked on. It was now 1310 hrs and I showed my confirmation number. He asked us to wait. As I waited in reception, I suggested my wife go and sit by the pool. 10 minutes later my wife returned. She was not allowed pool access without a room number. I asked reception if they had my booking and the receptionist explained that he was waiting on the manager as he 'did not have access to the system'. I explained that my wife wished to sit at the pool and he told me to wait. At 1.45pm the manager arrived and she also told us to wait. When I questioned this, she said nothing, picked up a sign on the other side of the counter and slammed it down in front of me. The sign stated that 'check in is 2pm'. I said this was fine but asked if our booking was now on the system and could we sit by the pool. She replied 'wait'. There are 5 timezone clocks behind the reception desk, so at exactly 2pm I approached reception. Again the manager could only say 'wait'. After 5 minutes she issued us our room and key and said that as: 'your room is not ready, you can put your bags in and then go to the pool'. This woman was the rudest manager I have witnessed in any hotel. As others have suggested here, there is an outdoor nightclub in the grounds of the hotel and I have sympathy that they have to 'manage' such a crowd. However, they need someone with the skills to do this. Again, as mentioned, the nightclub does go on till the early hours of the morning and sleep is impossible till it closes.

Room Tip: No quiet rooms if nightclub is open
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple