“Emirates Palace ,the ultimate hotel experience .”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The Arabian Gulf is awash with wonderful and quality hotels, I have had the pleasure of staying in many of them whether Dubai or Abu Dhabi, but I must broadcast to all that there is only one Emirates Palace, the ultimate hotel experience. I split my stay between Abu Dhabi and Dubai spending seven days in each location. Abu Dhabi was first and whilst the second seven days in Dubai was comfortable and luxurious, I missed the Palace and its complete experience, so much so, that on my return to the UK I immediately booked a further helping of 14 days and back I went within the month. Why was it so good, its probably better to ask how could it not be, with everything that it offers .service people attention luxury, amenities, food, beach facilities, every aspect of hotel service was beyond seven stars in fact I am willing to state that there is not enough stars in the sky to do justice to the experience of being a resident at the Emirates Palace. It is as I have already stated the ultimate hotel experience I would urge any traveller with the aspirations of the discerning visitor to visit this hotel and feel the wonder of this jewel in the gulf.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elle P
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Elle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us last December. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it so much that you came back to visit again!

I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

When visiting Abu Dhabi this is a must stop place to see and stay if you are lucky enough! While here I was advised by my travel buddy that if it looked like gold it was gold... Not just gold leaf but mostly 24k solid gold.

Definitely going again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank daveyboy511

Dear Davey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us in September last year.

I am happy to hear that you were impressed with our gold!

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over Eid as a quick get away from Doha. Wanted to be treated pampered a bit ...Was treated like Royalty. Stay here if you like things over the top like Gold in your ATMs, coffee and chocolate. The service was really top notch. It was so busy over eid.. The restaurants were packed.. One day we had to sit in the Lobby but not to worry Andrea took very good care of us and the whole staff was killing themselves to make people happy. I'm glad I had a chance to enjoy the resort style pool one day.. All though it was super hot.. The lazy river was refreshing and fun!

Stayed: July 2014
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Lindy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us over the Eid Al Fitr holidays.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here. We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

First time to Emirates Palace Hotel and the check in was easy and welcoming. The trip to the room was a bit long (but that's ok...hotel is huge) but the sights to see on the way to the room were elegant. Once at the room, we were indeed surprised by the splendor of the rooms (stayed at the Royal Khaleej Suite rooms). Furnishings were of the highest quality and the decor was grande. Size was large and spacious. Comfort of the beds and sofas and chairs were extremely comfortable and the laptop was a bonus. A/C controls were great (other hotels have problems maintaining temperatures but here, no problems) and the lighting system was fantastic. The pool was great and kept the kids busy. Great temperature control kept the water cool (not cold unlike other hotel pools) and the beach was clean. We used the Palace Lounge for our lunch and dinner options. Only negative here was the variety of selections of food was not large. Quality of the food was superb but could have used more variety (maybe a mini buffet or a la carte menu). Lunch food was more snacks than anything else. Dinner was a bit better (but still could use more choices). Breakfast was included so we used that service but once again the variety of choices were not too great. Quality of the food and service were outstanding but could have used a wider variety. I know I sound like a broken record but this was the only negative comment for me. The splendor and grandness of the hotel is second to none. Overall staff quality was outstanding and the service impeccable. Before leaving the hotel, everyone must try the gold flake coffee (or cappuccino)!!! Great hotel and wonderful job to the staff. Special mention to Suresh and housekeeping staff on our floor (Floor 5) for their extra care and attentiveness - great job guys!!! Wonderful and majestic hotel!

Room Tip: Search for special offers first before choosing. All rooms have beach view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your first visit to Emirates Palace with your family this month.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Palace, and was impressed with our services and facilities. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Firstly we are still at the Emirates Palace on our 2nd to last day enjoying the sun, cool sea breeze and undivided attention of the pool staff, Who pamper you as if you were their own family.This hotel is nothing short of a work of art, the whole hotel oozes a lavishly styled environment . So much so that it can become a little overpowering at times. The vast majority of staff are incredibly polite with a professional approach to everything they do. Security guards are at every corner and are extremely pleasant as well as displaying an air of authority. With the amount of gold and antique artifax on disply within this huge hotel it's not hard to see why all the security.

Check in was swift and professional with a personal escort from the front desk to the individual rooms we had requested.
We had 2 rooms a Coral room for the boys, which I believe is the standard and a Diamond room which is by all accounts the upper end of the room scaling. Whilst the Diamond room is fine there is not a great deal of difference between that and the supposedly lower Coral rooms. In fact it would take the unique skills of Mr. Sherlock Holmes himself to differentiate the two. To this end you may feel that the extra costs involved does not warrant or justify the step up.
Both rooms do come with a communal butler service which we didn't use more out of principle than necessity as just about everything possible has already been done for you - lets face it if you cannot be bothered to pick up the phone or your own belongings, it's not a hotel you need but a retirement home.
We arrived on the last day of Ramadam which was planned at the time of booking as we have been caught out in the past!!! The hotel had erected a temporary building on the beach front to celebrate the festival. When I say a temporary building it was more like a medium sized hotel. The design and trappings that went into this building was astonishing and would put many European 5 star hotels to shame. The project was so grand that they are still taking it down 2 weeks later. But unless you went looking you would never know work was in progress. Again another example of the amazing attention to detail that this hotel provides.
I could spend the next two weeks portraying the grandure of this hotel and still not do it justice. To give you a small snippet of what can be found at the hotel the renowned Palace coffee actually comes with edible Gold leaf shavings and the Emirates Palace emblem crafted into the coffee. In the lobby area there is a ATM that delivers gold bars instead of cash - I kid you not........

In spite of all this grandure and opulence there was a rather disappointing issue for families such as ours..
As previously stated we have 2 Boys aged 16 and 19 who would not necessarily agree to all I have written so far so to balance things a little.
Yes this is wonderful hotel within idilic grounds, two large pools with lazy river and slides plus a superb beach, but when the sun goes down then life as a teenager or anyone under the age of 21 ceases to exist. No one under the age of 21 is allowed into any bars and in some cases restaurants irrespective if they just wish to consume non alcoholic drinks, while their parents do indulge, which creates somewhat of A problem for families like ours. So after dinner these unfortunate individuals either wander around this vast hotel looking at the intricate trappings or go to bed..... Not cool. And as we all know if they kids don't have a good time then the parents don't either!!
However we know from previous vists to Dubai that this is the law and not the fault of the hotels but never the less it does put a dampener on the evening. In fairness Dubai hotels did cater somewhat for this alien age group. To be honest the bars in Abu Dhabi are just glorified smoking dens. As smoking has been banned within bars etc in the UK for sometime now, its remarkable just how quickly one notices the smoke filled atmosphere with second hand fumes and especially as some of these cigarettes have a distinctive sickening aroma. So unless your a 20 a minute person you too may find the bars less than appealing.
The food at the palace as with everything else is top notch with the Hakkasan Chinese restaurant being one of the best we have ever eaten in. Strict dress codes are enforced which I applaud. So no shorts, vest, football kits or any other pool side attire is permitted. As I found out to my cost as I wore flip flops on the second night and was kindly asked to wear shoes with no open toe design. I did try to argue they were a type of sandle but to no avail - well done Danny although I did give you a hard time that night - put it down to jet lagg....."".

So to sum it up:-
Excellent for Couples, Romantics, Single ladies who want some peace and quite from us men Ohh and of course those people who wish to Bragg about having a butler.

Not so good for people over the age of 12 and under 21. People who are lucky enough to be below the age of 12 tend to be so tired at the end of the day that they are asleep before 09:00.

Just one final note if you do visit the Emirates Palace Hotel and find its not for you then don't be despondent as you are in very good company

.....As rumours go, Allegedly this Palace was built for the Sheiks daughter but she didn't like it.......

Room Tip: West side beach is more for families with young kids. East side is more for couples or families wit...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Barcalay

Dear Barcalay,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay with us in July with your family.

Your feedback is appreciated, as we continuously strive to be the best hotel in Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were recieved like royalties and our 10 days long stay has been beyond all our dreams. Great service and a staff that would do anything in their power to keep you satisfied. Miss Sandra Newman (concierge), Mr. Michael Terrano ( Butler Supervisor ), the security, waitors, housekeeping personell, reception . . . I can go on and on about the staff at this amazing place. Everyone with a smile and a big heart : ) Love this hotel and the people in it, we will most certainly go back . . .

Room Tip: The Diamond rooms with a beatyful view over the beach and the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JuliaRHNorge

Dear Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your 10-day stay with us last month. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

An Amazing place to treat yourself as a king, you can find fabulous place with fabulous food very good restaurants in one place and it is a very good for conferences , Spa was amazing the best place over the world

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us in May.

I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience in our spa. We are currently in the process of rebranding and renovating our spa, and will launch with an amazing selection of new treatments and products in September.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Palace.