“Very good but”

Ranked #6 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Very good but”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have spent two weeks here and we have had plenty of type to sample most of what this hotel has to offer. So it has been good, but ... There are a few things that leave this place down. The first one is the housekeeping, poor very poor actually. I am not referring to the butler service but the housekeeping, Poor cleaning of the rooms while staying, no attention to detail, I like to sleep with PJ and the housekeeping simply toss them away to whatever chair/ sofa in the room fairly annoying and inconsiderate. One day they totally forgot to make our room?! - we have to call them to get the room done by 17:00. Restaurants, the Vendome good, it gets a little sammy after a few days. Mezzaluna it prides itself of being italian and well yes it is italian, average italian. Sayad is the fish restaurant, I would have expected to have more variety of shell fish general score good. Mezlai is the arab option, I actually quite liked this restaurant, the deco the food the setting, lovely setting if you want to dine outdoors. So overall this is a good hotel however they need to do some work to make it a fabulous hotel. Oh I forgot when they get busy on Fridays and Saturdays the service level drops a bit too. They really need to up their game with the restaurants, I would have wanted to come out of the restaurants saying wow! that was delicious food and get to my room and find those little nice details of other hotels where the room is really tidy and my PJ's folded!

Room Tip: We stayed in the East Wind as we have a baby and we were given a corner room. This was great because...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us this month. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the stay overall.

Thank you for the constructive feedback on our Housekeeping and Restaurant services. I have taken note of your comments and will address them with my team.

Holger Schroth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Really an incredible property-it reminded me a lot of the Ciragan Palace in Istanbul, and both are now managed by Kempinski. My room was huge, gorgeous, well appointed, with pretty much anything and everything I could have wanted or needed.
It even came with a butler, though what he/she was actually there for escaped me, as pretty much anything I asked was met with a blank stare or a disdainful explanation of how I could do it for myself. Signing up for pilates & yoga? No ma'am, we won't do that for you, but if you want to spend the next 30 minutes trying to locate the fitness centre in the west wing, go for it. Dinner reservations? Absolutely ma'am, in your room guide is a telephone list, please do feel free to ring whatever restaurant you like...
I did, by the way. Ring one. And ate dinner at Hakkasan. I'd been looking forward to that one-I go to the two in London frequently.
Poor doesn't begin to describe it. I ordered a cocktail that came so crammed with ice that two sips pretty much took care of it. My salt and pepper squid (a favourite of mine) was so greasy and soggy that I sent it back. Except that I wasn't able to make my waiter understand that I was sending it back because it was inedible-he seemed to think that I was simply ready for my main. Which was...also poor. Prawn and pineapple stir fry that was meant to be quite spicy, and might have been had the chef remembered the chill and the spices, with a huge sticky clump of jasmine rice. I did ask to speak to a manager, but one never showed up and I got tired of waiting, so simply gave up and paid the bill. In full.
The east wing pool is fabulous, and the hammocks are something that I'd love to see again in other hotels. Again, the service was hit and miss, with children taking over the adult pool frequently, and not always being chased off by the pool attendants. Sorry parents, but I really don't want your diaper clad kiddies in the pool water that I'm swimming in! The fitness centre in the East Wing (I never found the one in the West Wing) was the best appointed that I've ever seen in a hotel.
So, all in all, it's a beautiful property in an idyllic setting at one end of the Corniche. And if you can cope with less than 5 star service, you'll enjoy the stay.

Room Tip: This hotel is all on its own, so pick a room with the view that you want. Can't imagine there c...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to hear that our level of service did not meet you expectations, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my team. This is not reflective of the reputation we are known for, and I will follow this up with the relevant members of my team.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Emirates Palace.

Bowral, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I have had a very luxurious stay for 5 nights in this beautiful, decadent and LARGE hotel - the service was good and the surroundings were impressive. I had to walk 1/2 km to breakfast through wide marble and stone corridors which didn't worry me but it is noted just to try to give you an idea of size.
Quite expensive for everything once you are there but you would expect that for such a hotel.
Very happy to have seen and stayed here but would love to experience it again after ramadan

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us this month. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Palace after Ramadan.

london
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I felt like royalty staying here, I stayed in the Khaleej suite which has lots of space separate loving area and a lengthy balcony, this room comes with butler service and hats off to the butlers who were very attentive. Mini bar has free soft drinks.

Some tips book the airport transfer through the hotel this way you are met soon as you cons of the plane and fast tracked through to your transfer.

Book half board otherwise you pay over the odds for meals.

The hotel offers 2 wings one for families and one for couples.

The Marina Mall is 20 mins away and offers restaurants. Other than that across the road there is the Jumeirah Towers hotel which offers great restaurants and has a great bar with fantastic views of Abu Dhabi definitely worth visiting.

This hotel has a great beach and fantastic views at night.

This hotel offers over the top luxury in a fantastic location.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Sarina,

It was an absolute pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace in May. Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay in a Khaleej Suite.

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with the property and the service. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team, especially the butlers.

Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2014

what a fantastic hotel, stunning building, great staff, unbelievable food , great rooms and the lazy river was so relaxing , if you are looking at this hotel , stop looking and book it ! They have cycles to use free of charge,and the grounds are beautifully cared for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Keating,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace last month. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Emirates Palace is really very very big! We stayed there for the Red Bull Air Races and my husband's birthday - both were great fun. I particularly enjoyed the beach BBQ restaurant. I think it's called Al Quasr. Amazing steaks. also the small Cuban bar does fabulous cocktails and offers impeccable service. Oh, and the wakeboarding is awesome fun! the sea so blue and safe, try it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in month.

I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay at the Palace. Yes, the hotel is an impressive 1 kilometre from wing to wing, and we take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property. I am especially happy to hear that you enjoyed BBQ Al Qasr (the beach BBQ restaurant) and Havana Club (the Cuban bar).

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was the second time we have visited the Emirates Palace and it was a real pleasure to be back. We were there for a week and it was fine dining all the time with the culinary delights so memorable. Every meal was so well cooked and presented it was thoroughly delightful. What helps make this hotel outstanding was not just the surrounding opulence but the service provided by the staff who go that extra mile to please their clientele. The restaurant manager, Satish Balyan, was very good and his staff provided excellent service, even somehow finding out it was my birthday and presenting me with a cake, a photograph plus a rendition of 'Happy Birthday' to me!
I would also mention Sandra Newman the Head Concierge who gave tremendous help in where to shop and visit. A truly memorable stay and a hotel that will call me back in the future